Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 08:49:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VIN Number  (Read 590 times)
bcaddel

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2008, 08:37:27 PM »

I plan to purchase a MCI-7 Motorcoach located in Texas. I live in Nevada and am trying to get everything set up prior to going to pick up Motorcoach. Our insurance agent (Allastate) says they need a VIN number to add the Motorcoach to our insurance policy. The Texas owner says the MCI-7 doesn't have a VIN number but a serial number
Serial Number: 8753
Unit Number: 11300
Does this sound correct and will the Insurance, not to mention the Department of Public Safety accept this number to insure and register the vehicle.
Thanks for any input anyone may have
Bob Caddel

Bob Caddel, Las Vegas Nevada
1971 MC7, 8V71, Allison MT654
Airbag

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:51:53 PM »

The serial number is what they will use. I ran into the same issue with my MC-5A. They really have no choice for it is the only ID number for the coach. Good Luck
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:10:42 PM »

Here in NM they also wanted the number off the engine.

I opened the door to the engine compartment pointed to where the number was and told them go for it

they decided the serial number and unit number were enough.

good luck

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:01:01 AM »

Wecome Bob,

Don't know about MCI coaches but if you drive down I-20 in the Abilene area give us a shout. Not sure where in Texas you are heading, cause it's a darn big place! Contact information is in profile.

Be Safe and Have Fun with your new Baby, Grin

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: