Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 04:03:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gnereator Advice  (Read 971 times)
homermandy

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2006, 11:03:09 AM »

I have a spare Kubota 15K V1902-BG1 generator in one of my bays. Missing a few parts such as water pump, radiator, alternator, and fuel pump. Well I put a fuel pump on it, had to use ether, and she started up (for just a few seconds) then shut down.
Very hard to start without ether. I pulled the head to take a peek. Before I get further, any suggestions? Since it did fire up, do you think it may be fuel starvation since it died? I loosened the injector tubes at the engine and fuel is definately making it there.

1991 Eagle 15
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:13:48 AM »

While cranking it over, loosen each fuel tube individually till you get a good squirt of fuel with no air from each tube. A few more cranks with a very little ether should get you going.  Make sure you are getting a good flow of fuel at each line.
Richard

I have a spare Kubota 15K V1902-BG1 generator in one of my bays. Missing a few parts such as water pump, radiator, alternator, and fuel pump. Well I put a fuel pump on it, had to use ether, and she started up (for just a few seconds) then shut down.
Very hard to start without ether. I pulled the head to take a peek. Before I get further, any suggestions? Since it did fire up, do you think it may be fuel starvation since it died? I loosened the injector tubes at the engine and fuel is definately making it there.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:12:18 PM »

You shouldn't have to use ether on the engine since it has glow plugs.  If you have to, replace the glow plugs (not much harder than replacing spark plugs) since pre-chamber engines do not like ether.  If you have an electric fuel pump, just use it to prime up the fuel lines.  If it is connected to the pre heat for the glow plugs, unplug it and run it off the battery until primed.  It is what I do with my 10kw Kubota-works well.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: