Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 10:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Lakes Converted Coaches Elkhart IN Rally  (Read 1963 times)
SueMyers

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:28:58 AM »

Sept. 24-28, 2008 -  Surplus & Salvage Rally, Elkhart Campground, Elkhart, IN.
   This is the annual Great Lakes Converted Coaches Surplus and Salvage Rally. Everyone will be given a list of the surplus stores in the area and maps to help find them. There should be a lot of stuff this year because of the closing of several RV factories in the area. It is a four-day rally because most of the surplus stores are not open past 1 PM on Saturday, and only one is open on Sunday. However,  those arriving Friday night should be able to visit one or two Saturday morning. Then, on their way out on Sunday, those heading north or east can stop at Bontragers. They have ample parking for your coach across the street.
   We stay at the Elkhart Campground which has set aside enough 50-amp Full-hookup sites for all of us. The rally fee will include breakfast and dinner, except for Saturday night when we plan to go out to an Amish restaurant.
   Everyone is welcome, for more information, call George or Sue Myers (937) 426-9850 or cell (937) 272-3493.
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »

Sounds like fun, I'll warn you though, I was in Elkhart and at Bontragers last Wednesday and owners at all the places said they've not received any new inventory from the defunct mfrs yet.  I got the exact same story from them all, that the courts have all the assets locked down and will for a few more months at least.

Still, there are a lot of deals up there and you'll feel like a kid in a candy store.  Don't forget to haggle too!  Cash speaks volumes in those places.

Todd
D+C4106

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:28:36 PM »

Will you post more information please.  Rally fee.   Is the campground cost included?   If not, do you know their rates?  Going to check our calender! Denis
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 05:06:37 AM »

Everyone is welcome, for more information, call George or Sue Myers (937) 426-9850 or cell (937) 272-3493.
baker4106

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 06:09:58 AM »

George and Sue.   See you in Elkhart on thursday as I have to drive nursing home folks to a luncheon on Wednesday.   Understand campground cost is $26.oo per night and rally cost is on a per day cost.   Larry
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »

We're goin to do a discovery rally this weekend and won't be at the glcc rally unless fuel gets down to $2.50/gal. can't afford the trip again unless we do really well at the rally selling satellite dishes and updates.

we will be checking out the deals available to all of you and trying out some of the stores.  i need gas lifts and maybe a few other items.  i'll post results.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
GeorgeMyers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »

Our camp ground fee is $26 per night, which includes 50AMP service, sewer, and water.  The rally fee for the entire rally is $45 per coach for 2 people or $22.50 for 1 person. If your stay is shorter, pro rate the rally fee on a per day basis. This includes a hot breakfast (except Sunday morning when we have donuts & coffee cakes) and dinner (except Saturday). We start with Dinner on Wednesday. Saturday we usually go to an Amish restaurant (which is optional and extra), and finish up with breakfast on Sunday morning. There is no rally fee for those who are attending their first GLCC rally, but the camp ground fee still applies.
jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:05:28 PM »

I was just wandering how the ralley went, any good deals, Lots of stuff, Any new store's. We are thinking of going in late october for our yearly trip and just wanted an update. Thanks Jason.

edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:35:35 AM »

The old Camping World Location (I think it is called Hart Surplus now) - is going out of business, and will be closed in a few weeks.   Fabric was $1 a yard or $6-$20 for a whole roll !!  Their surplus was very inexpensive.  However, they could not deal much on the retail stuff they had.  One member of GLCC bought 4 take-off Dometic heat pumps for $25 each !!

Trina's has become very expensive.

Bottom Dollar in Bronson has good prices.

Grabers has cleaned-up their place and actually had some reasonable prices this year.

There is a surplus/used shop on Old US 33 just  2 blocks west of US 19.  They had some interesting pieces of furniture.  There was a very nice wood table that folded very thin that would work nicely in a smaller coach.

Surplus from RV companies that went out of business, were not evident yet.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 11:21:09 AM »

Trina's has become very expensive.

Grabers has cleaned-up their place and actually had some reasonable prices this year.

Where is Trina's?  I don't believe I have heard of this place.  I don't remember why I never went to Graber's when I was hunting for RV surplus in Elkhart.

I'm considering another trip to Elkhart and want to make sure I hit as many places as possible while I am there.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
baker4106

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 06:27:50 AM »

Trina's is what we call RV Surplus on 19.
Joebus

1978 MCI Mc8

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 07:44:38 AM »

Sorry that we missed the rally this year. We were in Elkhart in the spring (on the way to the Sheppard rally) and had made some purchases at Hart.... we found they were very good to deal with. Too bad to hear they are closing.

Joe Beleskey ,Stroud Ont. 50 Miles north of Toronto
1977 MC8, 8V71T, Auto
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: