Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water pump  (Read 1399 times)
rip

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2008, 05:52:42 AM »

I need to replace my fresh water pump.Any opinions to what is the better pump. I am looking at the Aqua Jet variable speed 5gpm or the Shur Flo smart sensor 5.7 gmp.Both are priced about the same.I would like to try a Head Hunter but at over $600.00 I'll pass on that one.
    Don
bruceknee

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:11:21 AM »

I am happy with the smart sensor 5.7. No problems in the last 2 years. I have a new one that I'll take $185. for.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:24:41 AM »

My Shur Flo is 18 years old and well used over that period.  It is going fine at the moment.  They make kits to rebuild them and there is nothing to it.  The pump is "last forever"  ABS type plastic and the rubber-like valves are still supple.  Unless the motor is bad, why replace it?  Brushes?  Bearings?  What went wrong with your pump?  Inquiring minds and all that.

Thanks,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:43:28 AM »

I installed a smart sensor in my son inlaws s&s and paid 159.00 on sale from PPL in Houston. Dyers RV in AZ has it for $163.00 2 best prices I found for the 5.7
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:55:47 AM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
rip

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 03:03:43 PM »

I currently have a Aqua Jet which I have had for six years.When I turn on the water I have very low water pressure and the pump keeps turning on and off.When I contacted a tech. at Aqua Jet he told me because they have made so many changes to this style pump he suggested on buying a new one instead of repairing it. I'm currently travelling from Mpls. to Amarillo TX. so I just have to make do until next week. I sure love this air card I'm using.My wife was on line all day during our travels.
   Don

PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »

FWIW I've never had a problem with a Sureflo pump. We have 2 of them plumbed in. 1 pushes water through a filter system for the kit and bath taps while the other runs straight to the shower and comode. Works. Grin

rip

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 05:27:15 AM »

Just in case if anyone needs a pump I found the Shulflo 5.7 at Adventurerv.net for 149.79 and the Aquajet for 151.40 at Rvupgrades.com.
  Don
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »

I am using the Flojet Sensor VSD.  I have the 3.7 GPM version to save water.  It is pretty quiet and runs for a second or two when the toilet is flushed.  It runs on 12 volt or 24 volt same unit.  A good unit for those who have 24 volt house system.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »

Hi belfert,
Would you please tell us how you save water by using a 3.7 GPM pump?
Thanks, Sam4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 05:02:22 PM »

RIP,

If your sensor turns off and nothng leaks on it is working but at too low a pressure.  I don't know what yours looks like but mine is a little diaphram.  The hot wire comes in the rear and into a small chamber and then out of htere and to the motor wire.  The spring is sprung?  Rusted?  replaceable I have little doubt...at least in the kit.  Hardware?

I think you can open this pump up without having the repair parts. Because everything is sealed with rubber diaphrams and o rings you should at least be able to get her back to where you are now if you open it up to inspect.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 05:12:31 PM »

Water is saved if water users are doing stupid things like turning on faucets full blast when not necessary.  If everyone on the bus cooperates to save water then the smaller 3.7 GPM pump doesn't do anything to save water.  The showerhead is already low flow so a smaller pump doesn't matter tjhere.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 09:08:24 PM »

Don,
I don't know if anyone here besides me has had any experience with Jamestown Distributors, but I found they had a replacement for a water strainer I needed to replace.  They have a full line of marine products; epoxies, pumps, strainers, etc. etc.  Their service was excellent.  They are on line.
Please let us know where you find the pump you need.

Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: