Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 03:23:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamscape's New Look!  (Read 3357 times)
Dreamscape

« on: September 05, 2008, 04:54:26 PM »

Well it's almost finished! I finally took some pictures today, it was really a great day in Texas!

I still have the back to prime and paint, that is if the rains don't come like they forecast.

It has been many long hours, days, weeks and months to get it this far. Looking back to when I started this project it was about this time last year. That's right, one year to replace the breastplate, lots of front work around door and window pillars, removing all the paint down to the bare metal. Actually the prime and paint didn't take long at all, it took several days just to prep the coach.

All this in between my job travels too! Now that's remarkable! Wink

Hopefully it will be together for the voyage to TBR next week. At least you won't see too much red dust blowing off the bus now, it's been covered up! HA

Happy Trails,

Paul
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 04:56:01 PM »

Looks Great  Nice color as well.  Nice job.

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:36:08 PM »

Hi Paul & Becky,

Bravo!   Your hard work paid off...

Now what's your next project?

Good Luck on your trip!
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 06:55:17 PM »

Hey Paul. We knew you could do it. sure looks good. You got it done in time for the gathering. Now drive around like Good Sam, with a big old smile on your face. Take Care God Bless

Pete & Jean
                FANTASY

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 07:06:17 PM »

Paul, Looks good. Glad to hear it went well also.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 07:48:16 PM »

SWEEET Ride Grin Grin

Dreamscape

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 04:24:40 AM »

Thanks for the comments!

Hey Nick, next project?Huh? You gotta be kidding. If I wrote it all down it would take up soooo much bandwidth they might shut the board down! Grin

Actually I need to get the aluminum molding to cover the seam, paint the back after some aluminum body work, then put on a fresh coat of white roof coating.

I did go over one side of the fluted aluminum with brake fluid after the picture was taken, what a difference! I do have a lot of battle scars on the siding, but I think it gives it character. Roll Eyes

Becky said to me with a smile on her face, "Hey Honey when are you going to finish the interior?" Enough said.  Wink At least with that project I can work in the rain, wind and snow!

Paul
Blacksheep

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 06:42:02 AM »

Wow Paul, you own a bus and your wife still calls you Honey? LOL

Ace
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »

Looks great Buddy, like the blue.    Grin       You should post a "before" photo.   Wink

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Dreamscape

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »

Bill,

The first one is what it looked like when Dixie Echoes used it to tour in. The next is paint stripped. I think it's her third life, although I'm not sure.

Yeah Ace, Becky still calls me honey! Grin She can't wait to put her signature on the interior. Wink

Bringing the coach home tomorrow to start loading it up for TBR. Worked all day putting the driver area back together, fired up the generator and let it run for a bit, ran all three roof airs to see if they still worked. They still blow cold air, not sure how old they are but they work great. Also did the normal trip check.

Aint this fun!

Paul
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 06:02:07 PM by Dreamscape » Logged
steve5B

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 06:57:02 PM »

Hey Paul,

Are any of the Dixie Echoes still around?  they would be envious.  Job well done!

Steve 5B...........

WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"
Dreamscape

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 07:19:39 PM »

Steve,

Yes they are still singing Great Southern Gospel Music. http://www.dixieechoes.com/

I have been in contact with Randy Shelnut, son of one of the founders of the group. He is the one that sent me the orginal photo. It has been fun learning the history about our Eagle.

Paul
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 07:39:16 PM »

Paul -

Did you take off the old front cap with the vista windows before installing the later design?

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Dreamscape

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 08:26:40 PM »

Paul -

Did you take off the old front cap with the vista windows before installing the later design?

Wink

A previous owner did all that work for me! Wink

Sometimes I wish it had the old look, it's very unique. In other ways I'm glad it's been updated.

Paul
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 08:25:33 AM »

CONGRATS, PAUL!

Becky said to me with a smile on her face, "Hey Honey when are you going to finish the interior?"

And when you hear something like this, the only response is to turn around, rummage thru your toolbox, grab the prybar, putty knife, angle grinder and caulking gun. Then slowly turn back around and silently hand them to her with that look on your face. Smiley

You'll be bringing your painting equipment and expertise to TBR, right? Wink

CU Soon!
-Chuck
Dreamscape

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 02:04:39 PM »

Hi Ya Chuck!

I'll do that but I will also tell her Chuck made me do it!  Grin

Have you started making your special chicken yet?  Wink

See Ya @ TBR,

Paul
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 02:41:20 PM »

I'm concerned that you have oversold the chicken, bud.  Shocked

Ain't no big deal, and I *sure* don't want nobody expectin' nuthin' out o no faanceeyy rest'ront or nothin'!
 Grin

Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »

Your chicken is one of the main reasons for us coming! Roll Eyes

Tongue
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »

Suuuuuuree is pretty Paul!  I'll be looking forward to seeing it at TBR!   Grin Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 05:08:03 PM »

Christy,

Remember the runs you had on your bus? Well I've got a couple on the front, got too aggressive. It aint perfect but it sure looks much better than what I had before!

See you guys on Thursday,

Paul
steve5B

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 05:53:57 PM »

Paul.

Looks like they have quite a history.  If you look at the  link, they lost there bus to a fire.

Steve 5B.........

WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"
Dreamscape

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 06:43:53 PM »

I know, here is the link when I first posted it.

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=5328.0

Quite a story assosiated with it, at least no one was hurt.
Blacksheep

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 07:02:51 PM »

Paul I want to say your bus looks awesome from the pics. It sure looks a lot different from the time I knew it when my friends here owned it! I too like the color blue! Keep up the good work as you should be very proud of your accomplishments!

Ace
Dreamscape

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 03:30:31 AM »

Thanks Ace!

It's been a bumpy ride, I keep telling myself it's a 40 year old bus!  Wink    (Errr Motor Home)  Roll Eyes

I wish I could have contacted your friends that owned it, I tried but no response from them. I really just wanted to know some more history.

Paul

Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »

Paul,

Wow!  You do have the old girl looking really good.  Now, how is the inside coming?Huh

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Dreamscape

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »

Paul,

Wow!  You do have the old girl looking really good.  Now, how is the inside coming?Huh

Bill

It looks the same as the last time you saw it! Roll Eyes As soon as the outside is completed then the inside gets some much needed work to complete. Becky keeps saying, when are you gonna finish the inside? I keep telling her soon baby soon. Roll Eyes You know how women are without a kitchen. There just has been so much to do.  Cry

Shhh, don't tell her I said anything. Tongue

Paul
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 10:34:13 PM »

BEAUTIFUL!!!...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »

Looks great, Paul.
I'm very envious. I found as many as 13 coats of paint (in the strip area). I just can't imagine.

Congrats buddy,
   Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Dreamscape

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »

Looks great, Paul.
I'm very envious. I found as many as 13 coats of paint (in the strip area). I just can't imagine.

Congrats buddy,
   Chaz

Chaz,

I know the feeling, I also had many coats of paint and primer, especially on the aluminum banding, 10-12 coats on those. I sure burnt up lots of sandpaper! Grin Other areas like the Stainles Steel panels the paint just peeled off with a putty knife in the hot sun. Nobody bothered to etch them at all. I scratched those and used an epoxy primer................We're havin' fun now!  Wink

Paul
JimG

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 12:10:47 AM »

This past Monday evening I spoke with Randy Shelnut (Dixie Echoes) and he had fond memories of the 01. They sang on stage along with many other groups at the National Quartet Convention - Louisville, KY www.natqc.com. Several years ago, we drove around back at the Expo center and seen row after row of buses. They replaced their burned bus with a Prevost.
Jim G. - 1979 RTS-II 40X96 Ohio

Jim & Linda Gochnauer Plain City, Ohio
1979 RTS-II 40'X96"
Dreamscape

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 02:58:37 AM »

I sent Randy an updated picture if their old Eagle with a new look the other day. I'm sure he has been to busy to respond. I have found it to be so rewarding to find out it's remarkable history.

Thanks for the reply, they sing great music. Smiley

Paul
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: