Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 09:03:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FREE Sikaflex spacers for you...  (Read 1860 times)
boogiethecat

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2006, 01:36:36 PM »

Hey ya'all. I was just a a cool aerospace junkyard and amongst all the goodies I picked up, I got an awfully large bag of little
teflon dots that would make the perfect spacers to embed in sikaflex for proper bead thickness, if you're planning on doing any screwless skinning anytime soon.

They are .3" diameter and .100 thick... almost perfect for Sikaflex. 

If you want some, send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll stick in a bag of 200 for you.  If you need more, ask.
Gary Stadler
PO box 675561
Rancho Santa Fe Ca 92067

I certainly have enough to share but please only if you're serious...

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 01:43:03 PM by boogiethecat » Logged

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
belfert

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 03:38:08 PM »

With the spacers required for the Sikaflex, how do you keep the sides of the bus water and air tight?

It would seem to me unless you cover over the whole side that you'll have a nice gap at the top and bottom.  I don't think I could fit my panels under my drip rail with another 1/8" of space.  I would like to do Sikaflex for the ease, but I will probably have to stick with rivets.

Brian Elfert
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 09:37:47 PM »

Brian,

I am just finishing putting panels on my MCI 102 and had no problem with the drip edge spacing.  I could acutally use the drip edge to help clamp the metal off until it is cured.  I did use a few rivits on some of the ends due to it being difficult to clamp.  I love it...

I have two more windows to go and I'm finished.

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
littlehouse

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 10:06:15 PM »

OK you have me very interested in this supper glue, so were do you buy this wonder glue"Sikaflex" as I'm just starting on
my '77 mci 8. There's no fraim left under the dash, so I have to start there, I thought maybe a differant pattern of sheet
metal on the front might look cool. Thanks

Ray with the littlehouse 

I want to live long enough to be a nuisance to my children
and i am!!
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 11:10:31 PM »

I get the stuff from Rich at International bus parts in Florida.  He's a great and knowledgable guy and will UPS to anywhere.

rich@1800intlbus.com
800-468-5287

There's othe places too but I always go to Rich

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 02:26:31 PM »

BOOGIE, I would tell you to stop with the compliments, but gosh they are sooooooo good............ Very nice little spacers....

Thanks

Rich
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 03:33:34 PM »

BOOGIE, I would tell you to stop with the compliments, but gosh they are sooooooo good............ Very nice little spacers....
Thanks
Rich

Rich I still can't find those catalogs and I go to the PO Box everyday hiped-up thinking yeah Rich's catalog should be here today!  Grin BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 05:52:20 PM »

As for how do you keep the water out, I run two lines of SikaFlex,about 1/2 inch apart, with the spacer in between the lines.  That way you have two lines of protection and the spacers wont interupt that.  That's for adhesion.

I also seal the edges of the panel with Sika too, outside and inside if I can get to it, IBP loves me

HTH

Todd
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 11:38:24 AM »

Yes Todd, we love you............You make us tell you every time you call !!!!!!! I'm kidding, it's every other time....................

Rich
800-468-5287
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 02:38:55 PM »

Yes Todd, we love you............You make us tell you every time you call !!!!!!! I'm kidding, it's every other time....................
Rich
800-468-5287

Hey Rich,
I'd love ya too (opps that's supposed to be the other way around isn't?), oh well ya I'd love ya if ya get me a "wishbook" (catalog) and I promise I'll keep it laying out for all too goggle thru at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" if I have it by then!  BK!  Grin Cool

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: