Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 08:36:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fathers Day  (Read 2782 times)
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2006, 05:10:28 PM »

Got a Fathers Day card from my #2 (of 4) daughters (5 sons).  My wife brought it in
and said, "I wonder what gag she has this year." :-)  It says:

Dad, since it's Father's Day, I decided to give you a compliment.

(open to inside)

You have the sweetest, smartest, cutest daughter in the WORLD!
(like father, like daughter, right?)
86neoplan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 05:14:35 PM »

thats a good one....cant wait to see what my son does...

should be good

shawn

Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 05:17:57 PM »

Hi Clarke,

Charish It to the fullest! I know with my two daughters, I never know what to expect!!

Usually, they just play tricks on me. And thier idea of getting me a fathers day gift is for me to take them shopping. For them of course!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
NCbob

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 05:21:31 PM »

Nick, welcome to the Estrorgine Ocean!  My Dad suggested that I have all the kids I want...just to make sure they were all daughters!

What!!!!!!!!!!

NCbob
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 05:40:50 PM »

Just spent the day with my kids at a water park.

Took the Bus,  gave tours to several total strangers with the first sign of the "Newbie fever".

Back to the Kids, Everytime I am with them they remind me of being a young boy and the joys and fun of a carefree

childhood.

I almost think I should give them a Thank you card on Fathers Day.

Happy Fathers Day to all of you.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 07:10:09 PM »

I almost think I should give them a Thank you card on Fathers Day.
Amen, Cliff. My kids have been travelling with my wife for a week while I had to stay home and work.  Cry 

But they get back home tonight.  Smiley Despite whatever they give me in the morning, my real Dad's Day present will just be having everybody home again!

We only get one go 'round with this job... so let's be good dads, dads.

Happy Dad's Day, dads.

Brian Brown

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 07:26:54 PM »

my daughter being 3 is still alittle too young to get the whole fathers day thing but she has her very first dance recital tomorrow. so thats like a present for me Grin

Happy Fathers Day to all, may you all  be kings
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 08:52:19 PM »

My wife and I went to a light dinner sponsored by my college Alma Mater alumni office.  One of my old professors (he's in his 80's) was there.  He lives about 6 miles south of me, though I went to college 300 miles away in south-central Colorado.  He commented about the cars always parked in front of my home (we live on a major highway through town -- 5 lanes, about 20,000 cars per day) and how fortunate we were to have a big family.  He had only 2 or 3 kids and they had few children, and he gets lonely.  I sometimes wish we could be. :-)

Anyway, he was telling me how wise we were to have a bunch of 'em.  Last Christmas, we had our nine kids, two sons-in-law (six kids not married yet, one divorced) and 11 grand-kids -- 24 in all.  About 27 years ago or so, I had a man (about 60 years old) doing some backhoe work around the house and he saw our (then little) kids running around.  He told me that we'd have some big challenges raising them, especially in the teen years, but in the end we'd be very glad we did it (he had 6-8 kids of his own).  He told me that he had many friends who decided to quit with one or two, or had none at all.  He said they were some of the loneliest people on earth because they never saw their family -- they were scattered all over the country with jobs.

Life's good, despite all the cr*p that gets in the way all the time...

You just have to stay focused on the things that are worth-while, even when you're old and decrepit or gone.  Life doesn't quit at death; neither here, nor there.  Pity those who don't prepare for eternity while they have the opportunity and ability.  Life's greatest rewards lie in what you do for the benefit of others.  Too many sad souls are so self-centered that they miss the real rewards that cannot be measured in dollars and cents or listed on a spread sheet.

Clarke
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 09:27:44 PM »

My fathers day - I have a new granddaughter and my son came down to help me work on the bus today - pretty good, huh!

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 09:37:48 PM »

My fathers day - I have a new granddaughter and my son came down to help me work on the bus today - pretty good, huh!
Danny

Congradulations! And may god bless you, her, and the whole family! BK Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
tucsontattoo

1962 4106

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 11:10:45 PM »

I've got um from 35 down to 5.Have done allot of things in my life but gotta say they were the best. Hope all of you have as good a fathers day as I know mine will be.

Tucson    P.S.  got the 5 year old for my 50th birthday, think he ain't rotten?

we do things three ways,good,fast or cheap. PICK TWO!
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 06:50:59 AM »

My youngest daughters gave me 100 red rags for Fathers Day and want to go see the movie CARS with me, can it get any better?

A very wise man once said "No success in the world can compensate for failure in the home",. Our bus has made it much easier to ensure our family is successful and spend time together.

5 years into this hobby and I am just starting to see some of the long term benefits.

Good luck to all our past, present and future fathers.

Grant
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:43:02 PM by grantgoold » Logged

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 08:08:39 PM »

I just arrived home after a pretty busy day.  I was given the option of selecting what I wanted to do for Father's Day, and of course it had to include my favorite toy.  My three boys were delighted at the opportunity to go anywhere in the old girl.  Spent 3 hours behind the wheel giving her some exercise.  Wandered around a huge Cabelas store for about 2 hours, and even got to dump my holding tanks there for free. 

Better yet, I ended up with my 4104 parked in front of my parent's house for a few hours. My father had surgery earlier in the week, and came home Thursday. The past couple days have been pretty difficult for him.  Tonight, he was looking the best I have seen him in several months.  He says he feels much better and hasn't needed any pain pills all day. He was eating better, and the spark was back in his eyes. Now he's bitching at the doctors for not recommending the surgery months ago.  My brother and I sat around in his den with him while he was knocking back a few O'Douls (cause of his meds).

Not too shabby a day.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 08:23:44 PM »

Altho I didn't get a chance to play with my Giant Greenbrier today, I got two wonderful phone calls, one from my oldest granddaughter & her mom, from Kelowna, BC Canada, and the other from my son, who's in the USAF, stationed at Spangdahlm AFB, Germany.

Life is good, albeit spread out. . .   Grin

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Ace

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 09:53:34 PM »

6pm Susan was taking me out to dinner. She already sprung for Breakfast but before leaving I checked my e-mail and low and behold I had mail. It was an E-card from my youngest daughter that lives in or near Conyers Ga.. I haven't seen or heard from her for the last 7-8 years (long story that involves a very bad divorce) other than an anonymous note saying she had twins. Well they are now 3 years old. One Boy, One Girl.

The E-card was a dark light bulb with a chain. You click on the chain to lite the bulb and it said...

"Dad, I just wanted to brighten your day"  Happy Fathers Day, Michelle

What can I say? It was a special moment for me and I hope it broke some very solid ice! Oh I DID send her a very lengthy e-mail with pictures and updates of my dad, Susan, me and our pets that she left behind! We'll see where it goes! Smiley

Ace
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 05:56:01 AM »

This weekend was all about the boy (our only child, 4 years old).  We had an awesome day Saturday at "Dutch Wonderland" in Lancaster, PA.  The country up here is beautiful.  Everyone knew I was "not from around there" however, when I opened my mouth (just can't seem to shake that Mississippi drawl).  On Father's Day, we took the boy to the Railroad museum in Strasburg and WOW, their trains are immaculate.  We rode on "Thomas" and also rode the real live coal-fired steam engine.  It was awesome!  We stopped and picked up an Amish family and everyone got real quiet, almost reverent.  They're given celebrity status in PA.

The only thing that would have made it better, having my own bus and not having to stay in a hotel.  But, it was one of the greatest weekends of my life!

Jimmy 

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: