Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 02:59:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STRANDED IN NASHVILLE NEED BLEEDER VALVES  (Read 4416 times)
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 06:02:19 PM »

Peach,
One Lapper gave you good advice.  Don't pay some clueless idiot for guessing and replacing parts!  That is, unless $500 is easier for you to come up with than it is for me.  He didn't fix it because he GUESSED wrong!  In my opinion, you don't owe him the $$$.  He should be held accountable.  If he didn't know, he should have said as much.  Just my opinion.
Dennis 

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Dreamscape

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 06:10:54 PM »

I agree, if he didn't fix your problem he just sold you a part you don't need. You need to call and demand a refund. That is just poor troubleshooting period. That's why diagnosis is so critical instead of the shotgun method. I call it hunt, peck and replace when not necessary.

As others have said, put a plug in them until you can fix it properly. It will save you a lot of time and money, at least for now. You've already spent $500 for nothing, plugs are a buck a piece.

Good Luck,

Paul
VAN

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »

Peach this is daves number at A-1 Diesel(615) 476-4416 I believe it to be his cell # this was given to me by craig hanloh from silver eagle when I broke down bringing my bus home from Illinois He s very know
legeable and he is close,he was a big help in helping me when I was broke down

prayers are on the way,keep the faith.Van
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 07:17:20 PM »

Ill give another vote for John Spelling just north of Nashville. Im sure he could help you out. That's who I bought my bus from and he went above and beyond for me... jmho

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
VAN

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 07:39:29 PM »

Peach also might try williams truck LLC@615-446-6662 also heres napa's # 615-446-6272  and they are located about 3 mi.back up north of you on hwy 46 in dickson address is 600 hwy 46 s,dickson me and cheryl are prayin for ya

yea tho I walk thru the valley
         he's with ya
            Van

P.S Be sure to suit up before ya head out WWJD
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:41:11 PM by VAN » Logged
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 08:13:15 PM »

I would go with everyone else that you need to have someone else look at it. if it suddenly dropped to 30psi there would be a noticable leak and if holding down the brake stopped the leak then that valve has some type of problem. that is a $100 or less part. if nothing else was changed then there is no way it would not now make pressure unless they made a major error in hooking it up. to make 0 psi it would be dumping air out a big hole or the drive to the compressor is broken. I would think that if the brake valve were leaking enough to keep the compressor from reaching the cutout point (120psi or so) then the brakes would be acting up all along.
just my thoughts.
steve
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 08:41:54 PM »

Hey GUYS I AT HOME! Just got in at 8:30 tonight! PEACH CALL ME YOUR IN AN AREA I KNOW PEOPLE FROM! YOU GOT MY # and it is possible Robert & I could run up tomorrow! Grin  BK  Grin

Thanks Nick as I was reading this thread I thought maybe I had been disbared or somethin! LOL! Shoot ya'll should always try me on the phone anytime it's close to me! Even if I ain't home I probably know someone close! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
VAN

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 11:14:30 PM »

peach hang in there,helps on the way,way to go BK.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 07:30:08 AM »

Peach,

you need to do a few things ASAP after getting your bus to a legitimate bus mechanic.

1. But the manuals ( Parts and maint at minimum'

2. Buy yourself a copy of the Bus garage Index and po9ssibly the Bus pages

3. Familiarize yourself with your coach.  it is not a car or even a heavy duty truck it is a bus and as such alot of Truck mechanics will not really know how to fix certain things on them.

Never ever take a bus to a truck stop for maint.  always a rip off....and alot of the time the guys are not trained mechanics but rather guys who can pull the handle on the grease gun

I think you said you had a leak before leaving on your trip........it is always wise to leave on a trip fixed.......or at least know what problems you have so you can address them if they become an issue.

good luck
VAN

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2008, 12:17:25 PM »

peach any luck with the repair haven't heard from you guys ,hope all is well please keep us posted.

concerned:Van
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 02:47:39 PM »

I spoke with one o f the band members this AM!

They did infact get going, and it was the foot brake valve.
The Idiot from the Pilot installed it wrong!
They got a hold of someone from MCI who walked them through fixing it correctly.

Last I talked to them they were in or near Little Rock with a new problem Seems someone driving hit something with the trailer and about tore it out from under the trailer.

They were at a welding shop when I spoke to them last!

OK Peach, and band we want details & updates!  Huh  BK   Cool

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 02:50:52 PM »

guess I am not as dumb as I usually feel after posting that the only way it could be at 0 psi is if they screwed up hooking it up. Now I know why I try so hard to understand all the parts of this behemoth. seems like most of the "professionals" rarely are.
glad they got it moving.
steve
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 05:47:44 PM »

I find there are to many technicians and not enough mechanics. Most don't know their elbow from their @$#...

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
VAN

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 06:29:28 PM »

gimme a wrench,i'm ready LOL yea but really i'm glad they got going again,ok like BK aid we want all the juicy details as soon as you get going (again).van
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:32:01 PM by VAN » Logged
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »

Got all the signs that this bus adventure may be the first and last.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: