Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 01:47:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help list  (Read 2516 times)
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »

Does any one have a copy of the list or would you tell me where I can get one.

Need to look for any one around Gualala CA (hwy one) area that may be of help getting a bus out of a barn and home
to Bakersfield. It will have to be towed.

Thanks

Don
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:06:09 AM »

Does any one have a copy of the list or would you tell me where I can get one.

Need to look for any one around Gualala CA (hwy one) area that may be of help getting a bus out of a barn and home
to Bakersfield. It will have to be towed.

Thanks

Don

Here you go. From our Help board.

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=2840.0

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 09:30:46 AM »

Don, try and reach Mark Renner on BNO he ran his buses for years from OR to CA this jury duty is the pits I see why nothing ever gets done go to work at 10 or 11 break for lunch at 12 recess at 2 go home at 2:45 or 3  the American way not even good golfing weather yet.     

PS if you are a member of Coach-Net call and see who they use
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:03:28 AM by luvrbus » Logged
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:42:52 AM »

I'm trying to add my name to the list but it wants a State and I live in Canada so is won't except BC or British Columbia. I'm in the Fraser Valley near Vancouver. It's on the route to Alaska. 

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
VAN

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »

Hi don,If there is any way I can be of assistance please call me I'm availible.

good luck
        VAN
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:00:27 AM by VAN » Logged
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »

Thanks, Guy,s

we have a guy trying to tell us he can move it with a goose neck trailer and a f350 ford ( yea right ).

The tow company wants $2,400 to bring it home. Ouch The guy wont let us fix it there and drive it home, so we may find a building to rent close by and put it back together enough to drive it home.

Thanks again

Don
luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 02:43:52 PM »

Don, did you check with Virgil at Pedco he may make you a deal on his lowboy he likes to trade (if it's in his favor)
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »

take pics of the f350 guy and send them to guiness!!!!

treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
luvrbus

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 04:50:19 PM »

You guys don't laugh to much about the 1 ton and goose neck trailers over the years we have unloaded a lot of 30,000# loads from those rigs most of the trailers are 20,000# to 25,000# plus what ever they can haul on the trucks,remember a bee can put a mule on the run
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 06:38:01 PM »

I only believe it's possible because he mentioned it was a Ford LOL

ol713

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »

Thanks, Guy,s

we have a guy trying to tell us he can move it with a goose neck trailer and a f350 ford ( yea right ).

The tow company wants $2,400 to bring it home. Ouch The guy wont let us fix it there and drive it home, so we may find a building to rent close by and put it back together enough to drive it home.

Thanks again

Don

Don;
     Inquiring minds want to know.  What kind of bus did you find?  What is
     wrong with it?  Can we have a few details when you get a minute?
                               Thanks,  Merle.

quantum500

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 08:08:58 PM »

Thanks, Guy,s

Thanks again

Don

If the guy with the ford is ballsy enough it can work.  Depending on the bus and what has been removed.  I would get some insurance of some kind in case he has "issues" it might be a good option depending.  I've scaled 36,000 before on a single wheel F350 and honestly it wasn't a hairy ride at all.  So if the bus is in the 20k range its probably not a bad option.  The DOT would cut his nuts off if he got a roadside check.  The newer diesel trucks have lots of go just not as much whoa!
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »

At the risk of contributing further to thread drift I've got to tell an overloaded farmer story.  I got this from the guy who did it so its not hearsay.  Four hour trip to Regina from Carrot River to pick up some farm equipment.  Don shows up at Degelman Mfg who build dozer blades under license for John Deere and backs his Chevy 1-ton up to the dock.  The yardman shows up, Don says "I'm here to pick up that dozer blade".  Yardman looks at the Chevy and asks "with what?"  Remember this is a 16 or 20 foot blade for a 450 HP 4WD farm tractor, complete with subframe and brackets.  I wouldn't even want to guess at a weight but as far as Don was concerned, if it would fit then he would take it so they loaded it up.

From Degelman Don heads off to Haukass Mfg to pick up a drill marker.  Now drill markers, for those of you who don't know, hang off the end of an airdrill to mark the centreline for the next pass down the field.  So you need two of them for the drill and they need to extend 30' out and be heavy enough to be more or less farmer-proof.  The marker alone would have been an overload for the 1-ton but it went on top of the dozer blade and Don headed home. 

Along the way he stopped for coffee and when he came out a couple of locals were admiring the load.  There was so much stuff piled on top of the dozer it was hard to figure out what everything was.  One of them asked Don what all the stuff was on top of the blade.  "Oh that blade's so wide we need a marker on it."

Sorry about the thread drift.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
VAN

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 08:22:14 PM »

LOL<LOL
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 08:53:59 AM »

The bus is a 40' Eagle transit with an 8" roof raise, 6V92 with auto trans. The sides and caps are not on as of yet.
The owner said if we try to drive it out he won't sell it to us. My thought is after he has the money it is none of he business how we get it home. He said he wants it out of his barn and put all kinds of restraints on us. Go figure.

As to the ford being able to move it I know it can but how do you put a 40' bus on a 32' trailer without cutting it up.

I have had 18,000 lbs on my Chevy and towed it from Bakersfield to Philly so I no it can be done. One more thing
the chp is now stopping all pickups towing three axle trailers over on the coast and if they are over 10,000 and you don't have a none commercial b license they impound the rig and you are on foot. (can you say generating revenue)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: