Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 09:08:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today news....gas prices going up to near $5 tomorrow  (Read 22420 times)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=66097&catid=2

You might want fill up diesel if you can, tonight.

Yike, Yike, Yike, Yike

Sojourn for Christ,  Gerald

PS...already a line up at our Elloree SC gas station at 6:30 pm.

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 05:06:52 PM »

http://www.southcarolinagasprices.com/

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
cody

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:24:21 PM »

It's sad, because the price continues to drop on the international market, the Per barrel price is very close to 100 now and still falling.  It's too bad that the greed that this is a part of couldn't be curtailed in some way, the pump price has always been tied to the market price of crude, this is completely against that principle and purely motivated by greed and the urge to take advantage of the people that are being hit by Ike.  This is gouging in the most horrendous way ( I put that word in for slow rider, he likes when I use a big word now and then, even if I don't know what it means).lol
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »

Gas prices today up here in Minneapolis are still pretty stable.  Good thing I just filled my TDI Golf yesterday and won't need to fill again until maybe Oct 1st.

I'm hoping damage from the hurricane is minimal since I'm doing 4,000 miles in my bus in 10 days.  Maybe the $5 a gallon we were planning for earlier this summer will come true.  (Hope not!)

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 06:03:33 PM »

There will be episodes and incidents that will keep fuel on peoples minds but the gas price will drop until the Nov elections are over.  Tongue Then it will skyrocket till people scream and then it will drop back to just a little higher than it started and most will breath a collective sigh and forget about it.  Huh

My prediction,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:10:56 PM »

All the media has to do is say BOO! concerning gas price/ availability & everyone runs out to fill their tanks with gas. The sudden rise in demand causes local outages. Then neighboring areas get spooked & the panic spreads.

After Katrina, the media was reporting the pipelines were flowing at only 60% of capacity, fueling continued panic & stress. What they didn't report was that 60% was normal capacity & production was back to normal.

Sure, there will be limited production as a result of the storm, but we could weather this easier if we didn't panic & rush out to 'get it before someone else does'.

Just my thoughts . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »

Hay,

Now there's an industry the gubberment should be stepping in on but, nnnoooo....

Just my 2 gallons
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 07:13:14 PM »

What is supposed to have caused it? The prices in Spartanburg seem to be steady.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »

IKE in the gulf of Mexico

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 07:16:20 PM »

I am confused. Why is gas supposed to jump about $1.00 in one day?  That in itself would be a record jump.  What is happening tomorrow to make it go that high? A hurricane will not make it jump that much at one time.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
cody

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 07:19:04 PM »

It's just good old fashioned price gouging.
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »

I don't know that it changed - it was $3.33 in Greenville this afternoon? Might be some local rip offs?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 07:26:51 PM »

Really!

Well, we will just see about that.................

Speculation X Panic = Distorted reality

YMMV

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »

I am confused. Why is gas supposed to jump about $1.00 in one day?  That in itself would be a record jump.  What is happening tomorrow to make it go that high? A hurricane will not make it jump that much at one time.

What Cliff said +

Supply & demand.

People lining up to get it.

If we ALL said "no thanks, I'll walk (or take vacation or time off w/o pay or whatever)" Then the prices wouldn't go or stay that high.

When enough charge more & we still buy it, the rest raise their price so they aren't left out.

I don't know that it changed - it was $3.33 in Greenville this afternoon? Might be some local rip offs?
It was $3.619 this afternoon on my drive home from Spartanburg to Greer & Nancy said the prices from Greenville to greer weren't much different either.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 08:37:24 PM »

Just bought Diesel in L.A. tonight for 3.99.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: