Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 04:44:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today news....gas prices going up to near $5 tomorrow  (Read 23038 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »

From Exxon's official 2007 Annual Report

http://ir.exxonmobil.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=115024&p=irol-reportsAnnual

Possibly sheds some light on some of the controversies.  32% was their "Return on Average Capital Employed".

cody

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2008, 05:33:03 PM »

You know that by the time we get this all figured out, the price of fuel will be back down and we'll be watching the next hurricane develope lol and Joe will be standing by his pump getting ready to adjust the price again. lol
Dreamscape

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2008, 07:13:20 PM »

Angry
VAN

« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2008, 10:06:25 PM »

cody if you wont'shoot joe again Move over so I can get a bead on him. Now we can all finish our tangeray,BK got an extra cigar I guess i'm all out.In joes case stupidity can be painful(van 2008) .Aye Oh by the way I'm from NEW YORK And I ain"t rude LOL I pride myself on bein deliberate ,If Joe had a gas staion in bklyn and uped the price for fuel during a strm situation I would first set his turbin ablaze then confiscate his cabby license LOL

just my 5 dollars worth of fuel

VAN
cody

« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2008, 05:34:31 AM »

I'd be happy to shoot joe if I was sure he was the target, sometimes it's best to draw a bead on the one thats pulling the strings and not the puppet. lol I'm from michigan and here we figure gun control is using both hands lol.
VAN

« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2008, 07:11:05 AM »

Cody,two hands on the gun just goes with out saying but sounds like now you're shooting in all directions ,carefull you don't shoot your self in the foot.LOL

Lovin LIfe
          VAN
cody

« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2008, 07:21:33 AM »

And the Lone Ranger looked over at his trusted friend Tonto and the three shells he had left from the buffalo wallow, surrounded by indians and said, 'looks like this is the end, we're in trouble now', Tonto looked back and said 'who's we, paleface' lol.  Sometimes when your surrounded, you have to shoot in all directions lol.  Hopefully I can keep my feet out of the line of fire.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2008, 01:37:03 PM »

Perhaps, Cody m'friend, not having grown up in Detroit (the home of the Lone Ranger series) you don't really know the whole story. Tonto actually shot and killed the Lone Ranger (Clayton Moore actually survived the series but Brace Beemer (the original Lone Ranger didn't)..when Tonto found out that Keemo Sabbe meant SOB!

Now, normally I'm pretty much of a joker when I post on the Board but today I heard from a friend who is an Executive of Shell Oil Company in Des Plains, IL and was advised that there WILL  be a shortage of gasoline in the Southeast this fall and winter. I did NOT get any information about Diesel...should I get that I will pass it on.

Most of you who know me should feel confident that I don't start rumors or add to Urban Legends. I only offer what I've stated as food for thought.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
ktmossman

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »

Wasn't it Chesty Puller who said that being surrounded makes the shooting easier?

So, a little math on Exxon:  

Their SEC filing at the end of 2007 states that there are 8 trillion shares of common stock (plus a million or so)...has been for the last three years.  If they returned $35.6 Billion to their investors, that "excessive" profit was less than $3 per share.  Now, according to their current stock reporting, 52% of their stock is held by institutional and mutual funds.  That's grandma's pension fund and Uncle Joe's retirement.  All of the insiders (officers of the company), and all of the individual major holders COMBINED hold less than 1% of the stock.  The largest individual holder holds less that 1 million shares.  

So, when we talk about taxing that "excessive" profit, for the most part, we are talking about that $3/share for the 100 shares of Exxon my grandma has in her pension fund.  And that is on top of whatever income tax she would normally pay on that as well.  Since when is my grandma boosting her pension fund by $300 "excessive"Huh
cody

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »

KT, not sure if you've noticed or not, but I picked up my toys and went home, I found out that I could not compete with your superior knowledge or your ability to make up facts as you go.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2008, 04:35:55 PM »

Now, normally I'm pretty much of a joker when I post on the Board but today I heard from a friend who is an Executive of Shell Oil Company in Des Plains, IL and was advised that there WILL  be a shortage of gasoline in the Southeast this fall and winter. I did NOT get any information about Diesel...should I get that I will pass it on.

Most of you who know me should feel confident that I don't start rumors or add to Urban Legends. I only offer what I've stated as food for thought.

NCbob

It is interesting that here in Chattanooga, the price of gasoline and diesel are almost equal for the first time in 2 years or more.  This happened when gasoline spiked due to Ike.  Prior to that diesel was a 60 to 80 per gallon higher.  What will be interesting is what happens to the gas/diesel price ratio after the Texas gulf coast refineries are back up and running.
ktmossman

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2008, 06:29:16 AM »

Wasn't it Chesty Puller who said that being surrounded makes the shooting easier?

So, a little math on Exxon:  

Their SEC filing at the end of 2007 states that there are 8 trillion shares of common stock (plus a million or so)...has been for the last three years.  If they returned $35.6 Billion to their investors, that "excessive" profit was less than $3 per share.  Now, according to their current stock reporting, 52% of their stock is held by institutional and mutual funds.  That's grandma's pension fund and Uncle Joe's retirement.  All of the insiders (officers of the company), and all of the individual major holders COMBINED hold less than 1% of the stock.  The largest individual holder holds less that 1 million shares.  

So, when we talk about taxing that "excessive" profit, for the most part, we are talking about that $3/share for the 100 shares of Exxon my grandma has in her pension fund.  And that is on top of whatever income tax she would normally pay on that as well.  Since when is my grandma boosting her pension fund by $300 "excessive"Huh

Oops...got my math backwards.  That's only 5 cents per share...WOW...excessive.

cody...now that's no fun...you are starting to sound like Obama ("they're making it up as they go", which is odd considering that he is the one trying to invent "experience" that makes him qualified).  It's just all that pesky data lying around that proves otherwise.  But, as I have said before, no point in letting facts get in the way of a good theory...
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »

well we just had a dorect hurricane hit here in Texas, I now have a much higher opinion of the folks in texas, ( as for gas prices they let em know right away not to try it here, the fines are severe for any gouging and ive seen none, so john ed i guess this is a violation of free enterprise huh?Huh i also had bus nuts offering assistance that i dont even really know. i am very appreciative
Frank Allen
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2008, 09:05:35 PM »

Just got back from the Eastern Shore of Virginia.  Topped off the tank with diesel in Appomatox, VA.  $4.09.9 per gal.  Saw it cheaper two places, but had nearly a full tank.  The lowest was $3.72.9 per gal.  No shortages of diesel as far as I could tell, but spot shortages of gasoline (as in "no gas") at several stations.  Had a smooth trip, typical glitches; battery charter, flourescent lights.  8v71 purred like a kitten.  Marilyn and I spent two weeks at Cherrystone Camp Ground.  Beautiful sunsets every evening, pictures later.  I recommend it!  Light traffic on four lane divided highway if you travel US 460 from the Roanoke area. We had planned to go to D.C. after that, but we were ready to come home.  Seems that it took the first week to START to unwind.

Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: