Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 11:37:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevost chassis  (Read 5113 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 05:21:38 PM »

high end boats and aircraft are selling too.

people that have lots of $$$$ do not really care about small fluxes in the economy or fuel prices
Fredward

MC-5A #5401 8" roof raise 8V71 with MT647

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 08:14:22 PM »

Vogue definitely made their own chassis or at least they took air ride chassis from some other source and built their motorhome on it. I've toured the Pryor, OK facility back when they were still in business. Towards the end, they bought Prevost shells and put Vogue conversions in them. Both were built for a period of time in the Pryor, OK facility.

The Vogues definitely are not busses. With the exception of the ones that were in Prevost shells. Not taking anything away from the Vouge coaches; they were very nice but they were not busses. After they started buying Prevost and converting them, Vantare came in to the mix and then Featherlite bought Vogue.

Featherlite leased the Vogue facility in Pryor, and now that Featherlit has moved on, I"m not sure who is on the hook financially for that facilty. My uncle manages the industrial park that the plant is located in, so I could get the latest facts from him.
Fred

Fred Thomson
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »

Len,

You beat me to it.  I have been seeing that Vogue on the Prevost shell for about six months.  That bus has some of the prettiest wood in it that i have ever laid eyes on.  I think it is from Hawaii.  Drool pretty.

I did read awhile ago that the vogue was built on one of those supreme Crown chassis with all the bells and whistles for stout and function.  Crown would definitely not be an insult in any way for what little I know.  Your engine isn't in the middle now is it? Wink

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 05:46:39 AM »

No, the engine is not in the middle!

Actually, I have no proof that my chassis was built by Crown, only what I have heard on Vogue web sites.  There is nothing in the docs or labels on the coach.  I can tell you that is one very substantial air ride chassis.  I have looked under more than a few motor homes and this thing is massive.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: