Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 11:08:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Valve identification in Kneeling Compt  (Read 1763 times)
Timkar

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2006, 09:52:15 PM »

Hoping someone can help ID the valves in Kneeling compartment from the picture.
1-Valve goes to Levelling Valve. 2 electrical leads go to toggle switch in compartment
2-Solenoid Valve for ?
3-Humphrey Electric Air Valve -relieves air to atmosphere (exhausts air for kneeling?)
4-Regulator -does this regulate pressure to front air bags? What is setting

I need to ID these valves and find out what there purpose is. I want to remove kneeling system and associated valves.
Thanks..Tim (hopefully the picture is attached.....)

Cawston, British Columbia
Sojourner

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:13:47 AM »

What year, model & brand is the bus?

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:14:01 AM »

Bus is a 1987 MCI 102A2
The book shows everything I have looked for
except air system schematic for kneeling.
Thanks

c-coop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 09:39:29 AM »

the solenoid valve is energized only when you press the switch to raise the kneeling feature, it supplies air directly to the air bags for a quick lift. without this valve air would have to go through the leveling valve and would take some time to fill the bags. To eliminate the kneeling feature just remove the solenoid valve and the humphrey valve put a line from the regulator to the air bag supply and plug the line previously going to the solenoid valve
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 09:52:30 AM »

Personally-I would eliminate the whole mess and hook the air line directly to the leveling valve.  The only valve that is used on these systems is buried in the air system of the coach-mainly a pressure regulator that does not allow air to the air suspension system until the air system is up to somewhere around 70psi.  On my big rig truck, and my bus the air bags are directly hooked to the air system-which means the bags could get a full 120psi.  But at least on my bus, if there is too much air pressure in the bags, the bead on the air bag just will blead off the over inflation and reseat when the pressure is back to working tolerances.  Then, make up your own leveling system.  I made my own using the three corners of the bus (one front, two on the left and right in the rear- the tag, if you have one doesn't count).  When I stop for the night, I park fairly level and use my leveling valve to fine tune the level-a job that takes at least a minute.  It never ceases to amaze me at the length of time it takes some people to pull into their site, level the RV, and hook up the power pole and water (I only hook up the sewer when I want to dump the full tank).  If it takes me 10 minutes to settle in, I'm taking 5 minutes to much.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 04:46:22 PM »

So if I remove items 2 and 3 and connect the air tank supply to the line going to the regulator I will I have by-passed the kneeling system. Correct?  What is the #1 valve and what does it do? It's two electrical contacts are to a toggle switch in the front compartment. If I eliminate # 1 valve where do I connect the line from the levelling valve to?
  Thanks...

Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »

Can anyone ID valve #1,tell me what it does and if I need it in the system?
Tks

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 08:14:19 PM »

TKS, thats a good photo! And I'm not positive but I'd say you should be able to elimanate all of this and go straight from where the air comes in to where it goes to the leveling Valve (which sould be up under the middle of the front hooked to the front axle by a linkage) if you are doing away with the kneeling option! I see no reason to use any of this stuff! Just my opinion! BK Grin Roll Eyes Cool

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: