Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 12:53:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! VanHool Shutting Down!  (Read 2707 times)
Dallas

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 06:21:18 AM »

I had a NTC 350 BCIV that use to do that to me. One time it stopped on the middle of Hoover Dam, I had to get out, jack up the cab and set it on manual.
After $1500 worth of shop time and useless parts, it would still do it at the worst times.
I finally sold the truck and it's still on the road, doing the same thing.
Experience tells me that he should set it on manual and go home with it.
If there aren't any major oil or temp problems, he'll be fine.
One thing that does come to mind is that the fuel solenoid could be bad and causing it to lose connection which will shut it down. Possibly caused by broken wiring or a bad ground. It the solenoid was put in with teflon tape it can't get a good ground and may be losing it there.
Try jumpering it through the switch so that it's active when the switch is on, but isn't being affected by the shutdown sensors. If it still shuts down then it's either witing, the solenoid or the gound.

YMMV
Don't Try This At Home
Professional Driver on a Closed Course.
Tax, Title and License Extra.
I'm not a mechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Dallas
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 06:21:57 AM »

BK,

He has a computor running the vital systems and a custom dash board with a 17" toutch screen monitor that is his only vision of any guages.

He is now on the road and half way back to V.A.

I'll let you know what he finds.

Thanks again.

Nick.

P.S. I'm leaving today for Columbus for paint, I hope I don't need to call upon you, but I hope I can if I need to!

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 06:33:12 AM »

BK,
He has a computor running the vital systems and a custom dash board with a 17" toutch screen monitor that is his only vision of any guages.
He is now on the road and half way back to V.A.
I'll let you know what he finds.
Thanks again.
Nick.
P.S. I'm leaving today for Columbus for paint, I hope I don't need to call upon you, but I hope I can if I need to!

Call if ya need that's why we are here!  Grin Cheesy Cool BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: