Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 04:56:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will standard radios fit an REI audio/video system?  (Read 1252 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:26:46 PM »

My coach has an REI audio/video system, but the video control, VCR, and TVs were all removed.

I still have the original REI radio and amplifier.  The REI radio sounds horrid and needs replacement.  Do I have to buy a radio modified by REI to work with their system?  I wouldn't even know where to buy an REI radio other than calling REI.

Would I better off buying a regular radio and a regular car amplifier instead of trying to salvage the REI amplifier?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 07:48:42 PM »

My coach has an REI audio/video system, but the video control, VCR, and TVs were all removed.

I still have the original REI radio and amplifier.  The REI radio sounds horrid and needs replacement.  Do I have to buy a radio modified by REI to work with their system?  I wouldn't even know where to buy an REI radio other than calling REI.

Would I better off buying a regular radio and a regular car amplifier instead of trying to salvage the REI amplifier?

From my experience YES! But don't take my word for it. Call REI and ask them! www.radioeng.com  Toll free 24/7 Tech Support 1-877-726-4617

FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 08:16:40 PM »

you will get a much nicer stereo for your money by buying a car system and build it out to your needs/desires
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »

I pretty much figured starting over is better, but I was also thinking I could save money if the REI system could use any old radio.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
VAN

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:57:17 PM »

with car audio you pretty much get what you pay for,shop wisely some have cd/dvd/video mp3 imputs so I whould consider all the options before buying

Van
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: