Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 05:17:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MY BUS STOPPED RUNNING! any suggestions  (Read 9445 times)
chriss

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »

My 4104 has a mechanical oil press gage installed back on the engine. I'm positive this was the way it was built because there are references to it in the MM and I assumed that all buses have them??

Presumably it was installed there for the use of mechanics working on the engine since there are starter and run switches there also.

Yes, I have one in the back above the engine, but it is broke. I'll end up pulling that out and replacing it.
Chris
chriss

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2008, 03:06:24 PM »

If he didn't have oil pressure as much as he has started the engine it would be a basket case by now

No need to scare the guy.

He said his dash gauge is reading normal as it always has. More than likely, that means that he has not lost oil pressure.

Yes, he replace the mechanical gauge in the engine compartment. But it still sounds like a sensor in the safety shutdown system is causing the problem. I'd start with the temp sensors. They're easy to get to.

craig

is it common for the shutdown valve itself to go bad? is there a way of checking it, because maybe the valve itself is bad. just a thought.
Chris
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »

is there a way of checking it, because maybe the valve itself is bad. just a thought.
Chris

Start the engine with the wire to the low oil pressure sender disconnected. With the engine running, with oil pressure (and air pressure for engine stop), connect the wire to the sender. If engine stops when wire is connected, sensor is bad.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
chriss

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2008, 07:27:50 PM »

is there a way of checking it, because maybe the valve itself is bad. just a thought.
Chris

Start the engine with the wire to the low oil pressure sender disconnected. With the engine running, with oil pressure (and air pressure for engine stop), connect the wire to the sender. If engine stops when wire is connected, sensor is bad.  Jack
\

thanks Jack!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: