Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 11:07:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: watered down engine won't start  (Read 2603 times)
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 01:48:46 AM »

Sounds like you got the rear switch(s) wet. I steam these things for a living and that happens to me a lot. I usually blow the switch panel out with air and off we go...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
VAN

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 06:59:21 AM »

Manasst   But seriously I had the same thing happen the first time I went to degrease the engine and after being side tracked by the other problems that occured Finally got around to checking the electical box and all terminalized conections. I ended up servicing or replacing all the oxidised conectors and splices and soldering all the new /old ones,shrink wrap was also used where possible and once a good contact was establised I pulled out the hot glue gun was used to seal it up. I also replaced all the grommets on the rear electrical panel as well as made a new rubber seal for the panel cover.In going thru the rear panel I was amazed at how many terminals (wire) were just crimped on and had little or no continuaty at all

Engine sensors were all addressed the same way,before using the glue gun a light coat of tune up grease was applied to the terminal before making the connection (ring/spade)then the hot glue was applied over the connection ,this insured a good water proof contact ,This process has always worked for me and gives me peace of mind and has never let me down yet and if You need to do any future trouble shooting you can still easily check any terminal with your volt meter probe. Eventually I will move foward to the front panel but for now I can wash the engine with confidense and a big greesy smile LOL,Good luck

P.S  Disconect batteries before washing,

Just my 2 cents of soapy water

VAN
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 07:11:05 PM »

redbus, i'll try that tomorrow.  fran couldn't get the gallon size up that high, so i ordered some quarts of 40wt rotella.  and the muffler bearing was just greased up last week at williams during the lube job.  they confirmed it this morning.  NOT!!!

bk, i can't find the wires running alongside the valve covers.  they are on that side right?? Roll Eyes

you guys just wait til you need help with your computers...  Cheesy Cheesy 

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 07:14:59 PM »

redbus, i'll try that tomorrow.  fran couldn't get the gallon size up that high, so i ordered some quarts of 40wt rotella.  and the muffler bearing was just greased up last week at williams during the lube job.  they confirmed it this morning.  NOT!!!

bk, i can't find the wires running alongside the valve covers.  they are on that side right?? Roll Eyes

you guys just wait til you need help with your computers...  Cheesy Cheesy 

I already need computer help! But the main thing my computer needs is a smarter operator! LOL!
And theres yer problem ya washed away the wires! Their like a gremlin you aren't supposed to get the wet!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 05:12:58 AM »

Sorry Tom. The Devil made me do it. You know what that White Lightning does to me.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: