Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 20, 2018, 02:20:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Painting a bus  (Read 2479 times)
Peabody

Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat

Ignore
« on: September 25, 2008, 07:08:55 AM »

Hi,
Can any one tell me about how much it will cost to paint a 33ft.bus? The 81 Bird I'm looking at is very faded,and frankly a very ugly color to begin with.Also,where in the heck do you take a bus to be painted?
I'll need this info to make a decision to buy or not to buy.I have some money for refurbishing just don't want to put all of it into a paint job. Thank-You  Peabody

Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 07:28:36 AM »

I had my MCI5C painted several years ago, 35 foot bus. I did the prep work they supplied the paint, taped and sprayed it. It cost me $2000 for a two part polyureathane. There are different paints which affect the price. This is with no graphics or designs. I had it painted Ultra White for heat reflection and also white hides a lot of sins.
 This price is way on the low side. I would suggest checking around your area and asking, it may be hard to find a shop with a big enough paint booth. If you post the area you are in somebody may know who can help you.   HTH Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 07:29:55 AM »

Peabody, call Mike Wilson in Eugene OR 541-915-3866  he will work with you on any type or price paint job you want will even let you do your prep work    www.willyscustomconcepts.net    good luck
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 07:36:50 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:03:57 AM »

If you have the funds to have it done, do it.

I have just almost completed doing our Eagle.....It's a lot of work and takes a lot of time..

I used a one step paint, I would recomend doing a BC/CC. Single stage requires everything to be just right and you really need to be experienced to do it. I used PPG products.

Mike Wilson does very high quality work, I have seen several of his jobs and they are top notch.

FWIW,

Paul
Peabody

Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 12:05:55 PM »

Thanks all,
I have plenty put away for  doing what may need to be done.Checked out Mike Wilson's site nice work and not to far a few hours but worth it for quality right!Book marked it for future reference. Peabody

Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »

Hi Peabody,

Many members here on the board, including me have used StarJet Paint in Columbus OH.

http://www.starjetbuspainting.com/index.shtml

I think, the best value for the money.

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: