Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 01:25:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus makeover  (Read 3278 times)
Blacksheep

« on: September 17, 2008, 07:59:05 PM »

Wow this makeover idea I had has gotten out of control! To sum it up, I started out by making a cabinet for my electric fireplace insert that will go in the corner. In that cabinet will be my flat screen tv that comes up and out from the top via an actuator which by the way I worked on all day yesterday and finally got it working correctly. Took a lot of adjustments to get it just right! I should be able to post pics by the weekend! Now I have decided to change the window valance's that I originally have to something with a little color! Thinking on the lines of maybe an upholstered  fabric over the windows! Then... thinking about changing the BR. Right now we use a full size bed. That was ok before Bud came on board! Sharing a full size bed with a 50 lb Bud is not comfy! Nope, there's NO moving him out! When I go to bed, Bud goes to bed! He's somewhat spoiled! Anyway, might turn the bed a different direction and install a queen size and then make a corner TV cabinet which has NEVER been done to date!
Oh well, isn't bus converting fun? You do it once, then do it over! Ahh the things you learn you need when you use it more and more!  Roll Eyes

Ace
Dreamscape

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 08:05:44 PM »

Ace,

If you stopped working on yours you would have nothing left to do! Grin

Aint this busin fun, even if you want to do something differant! That is the beauty of this crazy hobby, you can do anything you like.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Paul
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:34:41 PM »

Hey Ace

As they say planning is for sissies

Keep on working

I know I will

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
cody

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 05:41:09 AM »

When we were young, we put together model cars, we were carefull to get just the right amount of glue so they looked good, we puzzled over paint schemes and then carefully painted them, then we got bikes, had to have the baddest one in town, then it was the car that we worked on all week so that we could cruise around town on friday night and look cool, now it's buses, has anything changed? lol  Ain't it great?  Expiring minds want to know.
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:23:30 AM »

Hey Ace
what are you complaining about? I dont even have a floor in mine yet. man I long for the days I have to remodel something. I would be happy with something that needs remodeling. I would be really happy to have something in the bus that doesnt look like a jungle jim.
good luck and happy bussing.
I am going out to look and my giant lawn ornament.
steve
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 09:00:42 AM »

I'm with you, Steve. Maybe worse; the flooring has been removed, the framing has been cut and I removed the dash so I could remove the driver's A/C, heater and defroster unit. The bus is 11' 6" and my shop has 12' doors so I may lower the floor 7" rather than raise the roof. There was a little musty odor from the a/c heater unit so it seemed like a good time to pull and clean it. Maybe it will move again by spring.
blue_goose

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 12:57:20 PM »

Make over by error
My wife thought it would be great to quilt a new spread for the bed.  When it was finished I had to change the wall paper because it didn't look good with the quilt.  Then the wonder cornece didn't look good so that had to be changed.  This all lead to the bathroom, now it didn't look good. New wall paper, new everything else.  Sure an glad it stoped there. Now the next trip is comming up in 3 weeks.  Going to be close getting all put back together. 
Jack

Data used in this document is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles. No electrons were harmed in the creation of this document.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »

Ace, my good friend, I've been through 3 wives and at least 3 dogs. And the old adage that "if you want a friend"...get a dog...won't quite fly.

Put some serious thought into what you're planning and without question GET SOME INPUT FROM YOUR BELOVED!

Trust me when I advise you that it's a helluva lot easier to retrain a dog than it is a woman! The average
loyal canine quadriped has a life span of, perhaps, 12-14 years if you're lucky. Most of us would rather spend a few more years with She who will not be Disobeyed.  Wink

As always, my advice is 'tongue-in-cheek'.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Blacksheep

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 01:45:21 PM »

Hey it would be different if it was Susan's ideas but its mine. Heck she keeps saying leave it alone, it looks alright! To me, there's always room for improvement!
The main thing I really got tired of doing was taking fown the tv and all the cables just to go down the road. This way, it stays mounted, hidden, and out of the way. Can't wait until its done! Smiley

Ace
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 02:36:13 PM »

Quote from: cody
When we were young, we put together model cars, we were carefull to get just the right amount of glue so they looked good, we puzzled over paint schemes and then carefully painted them, then we got bikes, had to have the baddest one in town, then it was the car that we worked on all week so that we could cruise around town on friday night and look cool, now it's buses, has anything changed? lol  Ain't it great?  Expiring minds want to know.

Ya, now it takes all week to save up the $ to cruise Friday night looking cool! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Quote from: NCbob link
Ace, my good friend, I've been through 3 wives and at least 3 dogs. And the old adage that "if you want a friend"...get a dog...won't quite fly.

Put some serious thought into what you're planning and without question GET SOME INPUT FROM YOUR BELOVED!

Trust me when I advise you that it's a helluva lot easier to retrain a dog than it is a woman! The average
loyal canine quadriped has a life span of, perhaps, 12-14 years if you're lucky. Most of us would rather spend a few more years with She who will not be Disobeyed.  Wink

As always, my advice is 'tongue-in-cheek'.

NCbob

Bob yer probably right...... But the dog is easier to keep happy, quits whining after six months or so, and is always willing to forgive you unconditionally! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Hey it would be different if it was Susan's ideas but its mine. Heck she keeps saying leave it alone, it looks alright! To me, there's always room for improvement!
The main thing I really got tired of doing was taking fown the tv and all the cables just to go down the road. This way, it stays mounted, hidden, and out of the way. Can't wait until its done! Smiley

Ace

Ace you go man go! By the way I hope you replaced that faulty TV that kept screwing up on you at "Bussin' 2008" (seems I heard something about that thru the grapevine...... er was that thru the fence?)

By the way I am officially now a true busnut! My SETRA from ID has arrived! To coin a phrase "the Eagle SETRA has landed!" It arrived on Monday AM at aprox 9 O'clock! And except for the thieving scoundrels out there where it came from stealing a "new" O5G A/C compressor, a Vanner equalizer, a huge Vanner 24V inverter with built in battery charger, 3 different systems computers (DDEC, ATEC, and WABCO) from it, it's all there just like it was when we purchased the other 2.

So Cody (and anyone else looking for something to do!) I know have that platform to start on! It'll take lot's of time, $, and many many many repeated questions from me, but someday I'll be able to say I'm "one too"! LOL!  Grin  BK  Grin

(by the way if ANY of ya got any extra parts, time, or $ to donate you can send them to me @ 4884 Claude Tucker Rd, Union City, TN 38261. Any and all donations will be accepted, & appreciated!)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:39:21 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Blacksheep

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 02:48:25 PM »

WOW BK, there must be a lot of people that know more about what goes on in and around my bus than I do but to be honestly frank, I think you were talking to the wrong grapevine or thru the wrong fence! I have never had a TV problem of any kind. I once had a problem getting reception with the King Dome  sat dish but that was in Timmonsville right after I installed it and that was installer (ME) error! In fact I still have the same TV I had then, AND at bussin 05, 06, 07,! In fact I even have another tv similar in size to the one I have that a friend gave me so I could have one in the BR.  Add em up! I now have TWO that work VERY WELL!  Grin

Ace

By the way... good luck with the new to you bus! Maybe you and Brian will have some notes to share!  Wink
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 03:04:14 PM »

WOW BK, there must be a lot of people that know more about what goes on in and around my bus than I do but to be honestly frank, I think you were talking to the wrong grapevine or thru the wrong fence! I have never had a TV problem of any kind. I once had a problem getting reception with the King Dome  sat dish but that was in Timmonsville right after I installed it and that was installer (ME) error! In fact I still have the same TV I had then, AND at bussin 05, 06, 07,! In fact I even have another tv similar in size to the one I have that a friend gave me so I could have one in the BR.  Add em up! I now have TWO that work VERY WELL!  Grin

Ace

By the way... good luck with the new to you bus! Maybe you and Brian will have some notes to share!  Wink

Hmm maybe I got mixed up, but I swore I heard that you kept having trouble watching TV at Bussin' 2008. Seems to me I heard you'd just get sat back relax'n and have to get up and check it for power loss or something like that! Opps if it wasn't so sorry my bad, just thought that I had a reliable grapevine source of info!

And just what would Brian know about the best bus built? He has a Dina! (not that theres anything wrong with that, if that's what ya want.) And it has also successfully completed several cross country trips with out problems for him, which is what he built it for!

I'm guessing that it was Brian Elfert you were refering too! But if not it's OK because Brian Diehl has done some awesome stuff with his bus that I wouldn't mind copying either! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 08:36:09 PM »

Ace

seems to me the only improvement to be made is you paying more attention to Susan.  Sounds like she wants to use the bed instead of re-adjusting.  Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Blacksheep

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 06:44:55 AM »

Tom nah she just wants/needs a little more room since there are 3 of us sharing the bed!
What is good news is I have my fireplace/hidden tv cabinet done and IN the bus! It looks so good! I'm really excited about hooking up all the wires and cables to see if it will work! I know the tv goes up and out for viewing and I know it goes back down for hiding but today I will see if it actually works with satellite! I will take some pics of ■he finished product later today! 4 days of sweat! Goes to show how much can get done when Susan goes off to Atlanta for a business trip! LOL
Ace
Blacksheep

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 04:20:40 PM »

Alright! Everything works as I had hoped! I didn't take any pics yet. I've been too busy playing, watchin the tv go up and then down and listening to some bluegrass junction too! I WILL take some pics maybe after I eat. Almost forgot about that! Smiley
Ace

Ps it wasn't near as difficult as I originally thought nor as expensive!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: