Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 05:27:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus makeover  (Read 3211 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »

I have followed Aceís conversion through his posts and photos and have always thought that what he was doing was very practical, and I feel that words like elegant, and tasteful, describe the conversion. I finally got to meet him and Susan at Fort Wilderness and he gave me a tour of their H3. My response for what they have done: WOW! I think his bus looks better than many factory conversions out there. Usually photos make a bus look nicer than they really are but there are exceptions, and I feel that Aceís is one of those that looks good on film but even better in person. If anyone gets a chance to see it I think you would also be just as impressed. It is beautiful and I can only dream of having something similar. Ace is also very generous with his time and willingness to tell you how he did it. I would like to publicly thank Ace for his contribution to the conversion community. If I could only influence one decision you make Ace, it would be to not to graphic the sides. I know you mentioned that you were pondering the idea.  I think what you have now looks better than anything I have seen, and it would only serve to cheapen what is currently a very classy look, to something that would more resemble a S&S. I hope I can camp with the three of you one day.

Laryn

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Blacksheep

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 09:38:59 PM »

Laryn, thanks for the kind words! It was a pleasure on our end to meet you and your wife as well. Just wish we could have spent more time together doing things instead of touring buses! Smiley
As for my bus? It's a bus, just like any other bus! We took our time and as you can see, we are STILL doing things as we can! It gets done out of pocket WHEN "I" can afford it! My problem is, I'm never satisfied and I change things too often which cost $$$! I really have to quit researching what others have done. That just gives me fuel for ideas which turn into changes or additions which turns into more $$$!

If you remember my latest project that was under construction when you saw my bus, you will see that it is finally finished! It's a neat little toy that I felt I just HAD to have!

Next thing we will do is change the window valances! Bought the material today which will add some color that we took from  the LR carpet  and put it up near the ceiling on the larger valances! We bought enough material to make a couple of pillows and also add a little design of some sorts to the entrance door WHEN we get to it!

Here is a link to the finished TV/Fireplace cabinet pics!      http://picasaweb.google.com/acerossi357/TVFireplaceCabinetPics#

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can change from what they see, feel free to let me know! I'm always open for ideas! LOL

Ace
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 04:41:53 AM »

Ace,

Looks VERY NICE!

Never would have thought of adding such a feature as a fireplace!

Any pics of the mechanism for raising and lowering?

Paul
Blacksheep

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 02:25:19 PM »

Paul it was really pretty simple once I saw what it was that is used! It's an actuator. Found it on Ebay for 85 bucks. Since I used a small TV (12 inches high) I got away with using a 12 inch stroke actuator! It's run by 12 volt and has auto stops at full up or full down! In other words, push the toggle to up and it goes up until it stops! Push the toggle down, and it goes until it's fully down! Simply putting the toggle in the middle at any point while the tv is moving, stops the tv at that point! It was very easy to wire because the only thing you have to do to reverse the motor is reverse the polarity!
Not sure if I took pics but I will look and if I did I will pass them on. If not, I will slide out the cabinet and take some. Might be hard to see now that all the wires and cables are stuffed in! LOL

Now I'm thinking of using an actuator for a slide out for a passenger's foot rest! The ideas are endless. They even make air actuators. Hmm now that I think about it,  since I have a pocket door at the bathroom, maybe I could incorporate an air actuator to open and close that door! I would have to have an auxillary air tank for sure since I dump all my air when parked!

Thanks...
Ace
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »

nothing new about air or electric pocket doors they been around for years my 1997 Blue Bird had air pocket doors with a compressor for emergency use. Featherlite and all Prevost converters use it along with the foot rest check with one in your area my save you time trying to make 1 work.If you need any kind of lift or opener this is the outfit the converters use I have a few in my coach www.lifeport.com made for aircraft
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 03:58:58 PM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
Blacksheep

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 06:18:34 PM »

Two stroke I knew that they have been around for a long while but never being able to see behind the scenes never allowed me to understand exactly how they worked. Now I know and as I said, it's not all that difficult!
I think before I went to one of the high buck converters for a slide or lift, I would attempt to find the pieces myself and do it again! It would be a whole lot cheaper and the end result would be the same if not better IMHO!

I already have too many re-do bus projects on the fire that I have to finish up before I even think about starting another! One main item is replacing the entry door glass.  Then there's the BR that needs to be enlarged SOMEHOW! I haven't figured that one out yet!

Ace
Blacksheep

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 06:42:25 PM »

Paul,

I had a chance to look for some under construction pics and found two that might show what I did!

One is the mechanism (actuator) that is mounted inside my cabinet and the other is the lid or door that is above the TV. Notice the corners are cut off? That's because the cabinet was built as a Fireplace and no TV. Then I got the bright idea to add the TV. Room was a big factor at that point but I made it work.

Total cost of the lift was $85.00 for the 12v 12 inch actuator, and $15.00 for the on-off switch, wire, inline fuses, and bottom mounting bracket. The upper mount was fabricated here at home to match the tv mounting holes using odds and ends such as bolt, metal sleeve that went thru the mounting board, flat washer and nut! Pretty simple. Oh and $10.00 bucks or so for a pair of full extension drawer slides or guides to keep everything sturdy and straight during movement up and down! Scrap 3/4 inch white pine for everything else.

Hope this helps and if I can help with anything else, let me know!

Ace
Blacksheep

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »

Picture sizing is a hassle but here is the other one!

Ace
Dreamscape

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 03:43:12 AM »

Ace,

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and providing more information.

I'm thinking of doing that for a differant application, a slide out pantry using an actuator and slides. Gave me some ideas for use elsewhere too. Wink

Job well done my friend,

Paul
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: