Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 04:32:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To All The Friends of Richard Bowyer  (Read 9787 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 09:53:52 AM »

His enlightening & entertaining posting will be missed.

My condolences to his family & friends.

We were lucky to have him as an internet friend (& sometimes, antagonist  Grin ) as long as we did. . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 12:06:17 PM »

As everyone above has said he will be missed! My condolences to his family, I'm sure he was a great husband, father, grandfather, friend & provider! Those of us from this board as well as the others he frequented have definetly definitely lost a true BUSNUT!  But he was more than that he was a true friend, source of inspiration & information, as well as a great moderator. And as also pointed out he did have his tendencies to call us out on spelling (or to correct it himself! LOL!), and occassionally occasionally as Kyle said he would antagonize or instagate. But those are the things that made Richard, as well as his passion for buses & busnuts. He was always there to try and help anyone who had a problem he could be of assistance on, and if he didn't know he'd try to find someone who did!  BK

Now I propose that we the members of THIS board dedicate a day, a rally, a part of this board, ar or anything that can and will be a constant memorial to him. So that those of us who knew him, and those who didn't & never will can always have something to remind of us him. Grin  BK  Grin

PS Hey Richard I DID use spell check & hand corrected my errors for YOU! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »

It never easy to accept the news about Richard Bowyer passing. Like all the nice thing said about Richard…he is truly a Bus Nut that putting all his effort trying his best in everything he did. It did well. Plus being a good father and laugher.

I never forget meeting him in one of the early Jack’s rally in Arcadia, FL. I always wanted to meet all of the But Nuts that I read & shared with on the Mak board. I will never forget him being with few nuts together chatting about buses. It a great memory to come back to. I am glad that I have met Richard.

The bottom-line is Richard was kind and a true gentleman.

Our prayer to his family.

Gerald & Lynette
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:47:01 PM by Sojourner » Logged

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 03:18:29 PM »

I just don't have any words to describe my feelings right now....

Thank you Richard and goodbye my friend.

....   Cry  ....

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 03:26:44 PM »

My wife Dorothy and I would like to add our condolences and prayers. I never met Richard but I enjoyed his posts, his humor and his knowledge. He will be missed by many.

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »

Richard,

It is only your passing that has affected me this moment that distrubs me to no end.  We all have to leave and go home but the time I have known you I have enjoyed the respect you offer us all as a moderator and friend. 

Watch over us all my friend like you did on the board.

You are surely missed this very moment by me, see you on the other side one day. 

Gary

Gary
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 04:40:48 PM »

To the Bowyer Family,

Our Deepest Condolences to all of you.

What a sad day for our Busnut family too.

I have always enjoyed Richards post's and there was no doubt he was a very intelligent man,

who enjoyed contributing and being a part of this BBS as much as anyone could.

Godspeed Richard, Well see ya when we get there!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
VAN

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »

I have never met richard in person but have gained alot of insight from this man.May you rest in peace may the family of this most admired man be comforted during this time of mourning let us all celibrate his life in our hearts and coversations of him and always may richard be there in our memory

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Cheryl And Van.
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 06:45:56 PM »

To Richard's family, we extend our deepest sympathy.  Although it is never easy losing a loved one, I hope that the love and appreciation for Richard expressed here by so many will help ease your pain.  Richard had a heck of a life and we are glad to have known at least a little bit of him.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »

Richard not only shared his bus nut activities / experiences  he also shared with me on private e'mails all the things he discovered by heating  his shop with used motor oil. etc...  He will truly be missed

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 07:40:29 PM »

Richard was a kind Gentleman and his presence will be missed. My prayers go out to the family.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 07:54:36 AM »

I have delayed posting because I just don’t know how to express the sadness I feel over loosing such a wonderful person as Richard. His loss will be felt for a long time.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
skipn

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 08:44:11 AM »

It has taken a little while for me to get the point of posting my condolences
Every time I saw a post from “Driving Miss Lazy” the theme song from the
Movie of like naming would play through my head and with that good feeling I
Would read what Richard had to say. I will miss that very much. If the mark of a
Good man is by how many lives are touched in a positive way I feel that Richard
Was great!

So the question then arises “how do we pay our respects to a person who has added
So much?“ The thought I had was to create a memorial link for the people who have
Been so much a part of this board as to be considered family. In this link would be
Posted all the posts from that person under their name. (from their profile moved to
The new link)

I can think of no better way to honor someone than to put their posts out there so all
Can easily read (including the lurkers)

Just a thought………..

For all those who personally knew him may your heeling time be quick.

Skip

NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 03:44:55 PM »

When I first read the "Driving Miss Lazy" user name I couldn't imagine anyone being that disrespectful to their wife. I soon found out that "Miss Lazy" wasn't what I thought it was and after meeting Richard and Janet at the second Timmonsville Rally I knew that couldn't be true.

Not only did Jackie and I enjoy that meeting but Richard and I enjoyed crossing idealogical swords through the years. It seems that we both had a similar background but I found out, very quickly, that he had a stronger foundation in his knowledge than did I.

And, as always, he was a gentleman in addressing this to me.

He will be sorely missed in our community and our hearts go out to his family.

Richard, may the BusGods smile on you and accept you in their midst as a
fountain of knowledge and love for our hobby.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 08:53:15 PM »

I never met Richard not talked to him directly, but I have observed his postings for a number of years.  Aside from his comprehensive knowledge in many subjects, what I most appreciated was the dignity with which he expressed himself.  He was clearly an exceptional individual.  Best regards to all his family and friends.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: