Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 10:55:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To All The Friends of Richard Bowyer  (Read 9871 times)
Blacksheep

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 10:31:18 PM »

Well guys, I have waited a couple of days to respond to this unfortunate time for a busnut. First I thought about not responding at all but the thought of it got to me! Anyway, most everyone here knows that Richard and I didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things! With that let me say, I had the pleasure of meeting Richard and his wife at Timmonsville. Never really got to talk to him at length. He just sat in his car with his wife. I think they were getting ready to leave but we had a couple of laughs at the time about how he came up with the name "Driving Miss Lazy"! After that, we conversed via this site and the BNO board about different bus postings as we all do. What really got Richard and myself to disliking one another was I viewed my opinion as to his veryquick delete finger. Seems everything I posted was being deleted and that got to be pretty frustrating! Deep down, I knew he was an intelligent man with many years of experience in his field. I took the knowledge that Richard portrayed from his many postings and gained a lot myself. He had many years on me in life and I will never catch up or match the knowledge that he obviously had. Recently losing my own Dad to a long illness was, and still is, very hard for me. I have times when all I want to do is be alone! I'm sure Richards family will be going thru the same times with the same feelings. It's tough, believe me! VERY TOUGH! Just when you think your a strong person, you find out, your just like everyone else! Facing a loss is hard. I knew I would have to deal with it one day and I have so far! I have no one to blame! In fact, I am thankful that I was able to tell my dad special things before he left for home! I am so sorry that Richard's family didn't have that opportunity! I think being able to tell the one you love before they leave makes it a little easier. I can only assume that Richard's family was, and
probably still is in some sort of shock! I think I would be! No I KNOW I would be!

Anyway...

I want to publicy send my sincerest heartfelt condolences to Richard's family REGARDLESS of what relationship HE and I had on this
board and the BNO board! I have learned that life is way too short to hold a grudge no matter how large or how childish! Before you know it, life HERE is over and you never get a second chance to make things right! Let's just hope that wherever we go, we can meet again and do JUST that, make it right!

Again, I am so sorry for the loss of a fellow busnut and if the family needs anything, or help with anything please feel that the
bus community is here to help! I know I am!

Ace & Susan
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2008, 09:37:33 AM »

And another fine traveller moves on....

time well spent.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
gene lewis

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 07:48:36 AM »

Over the years Richard has been a tremendous resource and avid helper to anyone interested in this wonderful hobby.  He was a walking encyclopedia on bus topics.  He helped me and I know many others on more than one occasion.

I had the opportunity to meet him at the Timmonsville, SC Rally a couple of years ago -- that was a thrill for me. 

He had expressed an interest in attending the Bus-Nuts Gathering we hosted in May (Wade, NC) of this year--it would depend on how he felt.  He was missed.

The bus conversion hobby has lost a real asset and bus nut.

Our prayers and thoughts are with the family.  He truly lived up to his life’s philosophy.  ”Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride!!!!!”

Enjoying the journey in NC,

Gene Lewis 
05 Eagle

Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching.
What a journey in NC.
Gene - 05 Eagle

I-95 at Dunn, 12 miles W. on US 421. Some tools and know-how. Coffee on-we'll talk buses. Bus troubles – can & will assist as far as cable-toe will permit.
Songman

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »

I was certainly shocked and saddened to hear this. Like so many of you, I learned to respect Richard by reading his posts here on the forum. I am glad to say that I got to know him a little better by talking to him on the phone when I was working on his computer for him. I never met him face to face but it was easy enough to tell what a great person he was. I know he is in a better place so I will send my prayers out to those that loved him that he had to leave behind.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »

Heaven just became a better place.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 07:11:50 PM »

Hi Folks,

Hillery, Richards Grand Daughter sent us some pics of Richard, his wife and DML.

Enjoy!
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 08:18:40 PM »

Very nice pics! Thanks Hilary & Nick for sharing them with us!

I especially like the one of Richard hanging onto the mirror while doing his pretrip inspection in his driving hat & boots! LOL!

Grin  BK  Grin

Rest easy my friend you deserve it!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:21:19 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dreamscape

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 07:41:50 AM »

Thanks for sharing with us Nick.

A great idea as many of us have never met them.

Paul
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »

Thanks Nick,

I was going to ask if anyone had a picture of Richard, as we had never met in person.

I can visualise him saying his written words now.

As far as the rest of you go, I am probably more generous in my perception than you deserve.... Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 06:29:16 AM »

Hi Folks,

Here are some more of Richard's pics provided by Hilery.
His 4104, and antique cars.

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2008, 06:30:50 AM »

And more...

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2008, 08:24:32 AM »

Again thank you Hilary & Nick!

Great pictures and it really helps us to picture the man behind the "Driving Miss Lazy" name we all became so familiar with.

He will be missed, but definitely not forgotten!  Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2008, 01:56:41 PM »

From Quebec, Canada...I would like to add my condolences...to family and friends (many)...

Take care!

Gaëtan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

http://latchodromquebec.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-fin-du-voyage.html

Dallas

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »

Richard was a friend to many and known to all.

After seeing Jack Conrad's Train Horn Video, I have decided that on October 2, 2008 at 2PM ET, (two weeks after Richard Bowyer's passing), I'm going to air up my bus, no matter where I am. While it is airing up I am going to reflect on all that Richard has done for me personally and for the community as a group and for the world in general.

As soon as my compressor cuts out, I am going to give an old railroad signal... the signal is 2 long blasts, one short blast and one long blast.... This is the signal that is universal.. It's called the "Final Rule" and Signals that the train is approaching a crossing.

http://www.uprr.com/aboutup/funfacts/signals.shtml

I request that all of you who are able do the same thing at the same time.

Richard has made the crossing and is now free of this mortal coil.

I will record my tribute, and if you are able to, please do so. If you will send it to me, I'll edit it and put it all together as an online Tribute to Richard.

Thanks
Dallas
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 08:50:15 AM »

As soon as my compressor cuts out, I am going to give an old railroad signal... the signal is 2 long blasts, one short blast and one long blast.... This is the signal that is universal.. It's called the "Final Rule" and Signals that the train is approaching a crossing.
Dallas

This is also Morse code for the letter Q.  We will be at Palmetto Cove and will try to remember to do this.   As far as a video, please use the video I  put on Youtube as it also includes John Vickery.   Thanks, Jack
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:25:07 PM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: