Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 26, 2014, 12:19:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To All The Friends of Richard Bowyer  (Read 9834 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2008, 06:33:37 AM »

To friends of Richard Bowyer (DrivingMissLazy), we are very sad to announce his passing yesterday, Sept. 18, 2008. His health had been failing the last couple of months, though he never really let on how bad it was. Within the past month, he has passed out and fallen at least half a dozen times, but was always better after he put his oxygen on. He got out of the shower yesterday and started to feel dizzy, which was a sign he could pass out. He laid himself down on the floor to prevent himself from falling. His wife, Janet thought she heard a noise coming from the bathroom and went to check on him. He said he was OK, he just needed to rest a minute. His daughter, Linda asked if he needed his oxygen and he said he didn't know where it was. He was starting to look dazed and didn't really know where he was. His granddaughter, Hilary called 911. By the time the ambulance got to the house, he wasn't talking and was starting to shake. They performed CPR, but he had no pulse. They got a faint pulse and decided to take him to the hospital. When the doctor came out, they said he was gone. They had worked on him for half an hour and even if he was revived, he would have severe brain damage. The doctor said that most likely the faint pulse the paramedics got at the house was just an arhythmia (?), which is just something the heart does. He died around 2pm. He was 77 years old and is survived by his wife, Janet, daughters Shawna and Linda, son, Royce, grandchildren, Hilary and Travis and great-grandchildren, Zachary, Riley and Mackenzie.

Richard was the creator of the successful Atlas ShorPower product line. He was a family man who made all his employees feel like a part of the family. He was also one of the best electrical and mechanical engineers. He had a passion for creating things. He had restored over eighteen antique and classic cars from a 1911 Model T, eight Model A cars from 1928-31, cars from the 50's and 60's to off-road vehicles. He never stopped working on things, but he never forgot his family. He was also a big flirt and all the girls were his "honey".

I just want to let everyone know how much he enjoyed these boards. He was always telling us stories or jokes he heard from everyone here. If we didn't know where he was, all we had to do was look in the office, and there he was at the computer, typing away. He really did enjoy talking to all of you.

As per his wishes, there will be no service. Anyone wishing to send a card or flowers to Janet or his family may do so at this address:

Bowyer Family
575 Parkersburg Road
Spencer, WV  25276

I want to thank you all for the joy you brought him, even after he lost his own bus. He really loved these boards and talking to everyone. He will be greatly missed.

R.I.P. Richard (Husband, Dad, Grandpa, Great-Grandpa)
Nov. 16, 1931 - Sept. 18, 2008
We Love You

Thanks, Hilary

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »

Oh my!  My condolences to the family and friends.  Richard will be sorely missed by this group and I'm sure many others that he probably belonged to.

Somebody please move this to the main board, not everyone checks the OT.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
cody

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:05:16 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, our prayers go out to the family, I looked forward to richards posting, I not only enjoyed his posts but I learned a lot from them, he'll be missed.
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 07:40:04 AM »

This is such sad news!

My heart goes out to the family during these emotional times.

I will miss his informative posts and generous knowledge.

This is NOT OFF TOPIC, needs to be moved and made a sticky!

God Bless his family,

Paul
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:56:31 AM »

I'll second moving it to the main board!!  I enjoyed Richard on this board and will miss him. My condolences to his family, I will try to remember them in my prayers. Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 08:10:25 AM »

Hillery,

Our Deepest condolences from all of the Moderator team and members of this board!

Richard will be missed! He has been a voice of friendship, knowlage, and wisdom to all of our community.

Please let us know if you need anything. We would be glad to help.

Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dallas

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 08:11:22 AM »

Richard's Tag line was,
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Rest well, my friend, you deserve it.

Dallas
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 08:13:48 AM »

........................<Silence>.....................   Sad

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
luvrbus

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 08:19:27 AM »

Sorry to hear that Richard and I never agreed on shocks and Arizona Transmission but we stayed in touch by Email and never let that come between us so sad we are getting older and have less friends and family everyday may he rest in peace
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 08:21:39 AM »

What a loss to the busnuts community (and everyone else).  Richard will be missed.  So will his wit, grace, charm and knowledge.

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 08:24:10 AM »

This is a sad day for our bus community.  Richard was also a valued member of the moderator team.  He would always be watching out for the board and its members, and felt strongly about keeping this community as an uplifting, safe place for us.  Also as I think about it, one of his favorite "features" was the spell checker.  Richard had an eye for detail & would notice mis-spellings, grammatical mistakes - and kept after me to get the spell checking going.  Also, (gentle) heckling when some of us would mis-spell something.   He would also happily help with new features, testing, offering suggestions, and doing whatever was necessary.  And he also was  quick to note spammers before most members noticed the problems.  He would also call when there were board problems so we could get things back online as soon as possible.  Richard was a pleasure to work with and I will miss him.

My condolences go out to his family, as do my prayers.  

Kind Regards, Phil Lyons

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 08:39:54 AM »

My heartfelt condolences go out to Richard's family.  We will pray for their comfort and well being in their time of sorrow.

It was clear that Richard loved life and he lived it accomplishing great projects and serving others along the way.  He lived the life he loved and now is in an even better place.  He will probably work on rebuilding the angels chariots now.
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 08:50:26 AM »

Since before 2002, when I first came to know of the bus boards, Richard has been a presence of inspiration and knowledge. Even after he was "busless", he continued participating and encouraging others. I remember him saying, sometime after he no longer owned a bus, that he was pretty content with where he was and what he had done. He said he had seen everything he wanted to see and that he had his place of contentment right where he was at that point in life. One could do lot worse in life.

We'll miss you, Richard, but I don't fear for you. I know you're having a blast right now. Godspeed.

-Chuck

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 09:00:01 AM »

Paula & I want to add our condolences and prayers to Richard's family and friends.  We consider it an honor to have personally met and become good friends with Richard & Janet.  They attended the very first Bussin' rally (and many of the other ones also).  Richard will be missed, but he will not be forgotten.  Jack & Paula
PS:  I guess I need to give a nice long blast on the train whistle that I got from Richard

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 09:02:15 AM »

I'll second moving it to the main board!!  I enjoyed Richard on this board and will miss him. My condolences to his family, I will try to remember them in my prayers. Jim

Done     Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: