Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 08:49:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: yet another skinning question  (Read 878 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:21:56 AM »

Im just about ready to skin my '87 MC 9 and have a question regarding window removal. I am planning on pulling the window and the window frame off the body. Im covering three windows with .080 alum. Afixing the alum with rivits and sikaflix. Just want to make sure Im on the right track before I start grinding off rivits. 

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »

Hi TF,

Yes... You are right on track!  Start Grinding my friend!  Wish I were there helping you.

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 10:04:35 AM »

Hi TF,

Yes... You are right on track!  Start Grinding my friend!  Wish I were there helping you.

Good Luck
Nick-

Me too !!!

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »

TF,

Hustle on down to your local auto paint supplier store....the really big one where all the shops have accounts.  Sally on up to the counter and tell the nice lady/gent that you are about to embark on an aluminum painting adventure and would like a list of the products you will need in the appropriate quantities.  Take a tablet and pen or the money to make the purchase. Shocked  And yes, before you ask, "Holy crap!", it is all needed. Tongue  The pay off for neglecting this process is that you get blisters popping up all over the painted aluminum anywhere from 30 days later to 2 years hence. Angry

TWH(this will help), Grin

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 05:15:25 AM »

Why are you 'grinding' off the rivets? Are they steel? Do you know if the windows are similar to the mc9 units?
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 05:20:24 AM »

Sorry about that- I misread the post and thought it is a 102c. An air chisel is much easier, faster and cleaner, unless you plan to leave the existing window frame in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: