Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 03:04:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allison Troubles  (Read 3982 times)
homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 07:05:57 PM »

Forgot to mention. The Operators manual I downloaded from Allison says when Operatiing conditions are exceeded, EITHER the CHECK TRANS light OR the CHEACK TRANS AND DO NOT SHIFT lights come on. Now my CHEACK TRANS light does NOT come on when the DO NOT SHIFT light goes on. Thanks

1991 Eagle 15
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 08:30:56 PM »

Clear all the codes and start over.  The code "43" is low coolant.  Low Coolant  is usually  a show stopper.  Code 43 will set both engine CEL and "Do not shift" lite.   If the system's working correctly, the code 43 should shut the engine down.
After the DDEC ECM is cleared, operate the coach and see what codes are reset. 
Check your coolant level.   I'm unaware that this would cause the trans to not unlock the converter...? 
Sounds like you have some loose wiring with all those codes...not at all llikely that each code indicates an actual malfunction.   Could be a plug, or harness damaged or broken. 
Code 44 is high oil temp (engine) and code 45 is low oil pressure.  Is it possible that your rebuild is heating up the trans?
JR
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:40:03 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 06:43:17 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I'll check coolant level. These codes may also have been there after they finished the rebuild and were testing it. They may not have cleared codes. Is it possible to reset the DDEC without a reader? Like disconnecting the batteries for a while?  Also, how do I properly take off the ATEC plug at the trans? Does it just unscrew? Thanks

1991 Eagle 15
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 08:54:10 AM »

DDEC codes can only be cleared with A Pro Link or DDDL software.
Code 58 is a cruise control code.
I'd check the two 30 pin connectors at the DDEC  ECM (computer) also.
Shut off the batterys, disconnect the two 30 pin connectors, make sure connectors are clean. look at ECM - make sure none of the pins are bent also. Reconnect and secure the two 30 pin connectors.
You should be able to unscrew the ring on the ATEC connector at the trans.
Make sure all is clean, no bent pins.
I agree with JR, codes are most likely old - historic, (inactive).
You need to have them cleared to know what's going on now.
Good luck with your repairs.
Sammy  Cool
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:58:00 AM by Sammy » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: