Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 12:06:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 volt golf cart batteries  (Read 967 times)
Tenor

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2008, 05:48:49 PM »

I was talking with a friend of mine who is a golf course owner and he says that the cart manufacturers are starting to use 8 volt batteries instead of 6 volts.  Has anyone used these?  I was thinking that 3 batteries to make 24V is cheaper and lighter - but I don't know if the 8 volt batteries cost more and make it financially silly.    Has anyone tried this?  Thanks!

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 05:59:29 PM »

Glen, I have a buddy that tried it for his house system and found out you need the same of amount of batteries to get the amp hrs there is not much difference in the amp hrs on the 6 volt and 8 volt   have a great day
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:46:40 PM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 06:16:42 PM »

I've got a few free ones of both 6 and 8 volt all strung together for the house system for now.

For the golf cart folks, 8 volt make them worthless to steal to make 12 volts...

But very good for the 24 volt busnut crowd!

No wizardry involved, you need a certain amount of lead to make a certain amount of reserve power.

Get your supply of lead any way you can for as low a cost per amp hour.

Free cast offs will keep the casual user out of trouble for the occasional jaunt.

Buy your good batteries when you are going to use the coach more extensively.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: