Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 03:51:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tribute To Richard Bowyer  (Read 1927 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: September 29, 2008, 06:01:10 AM »

Hilary emailed me that Janet (Richard's wife) wanted to hear the Train Whistle that I got from Richard and blew at the beginning of the SE Cruisers meeting as a tribute to Richard.  John Vickery and I made a video yesterday morning at John's place near Augusta, GA.  In addition to sending the video to Hilary this morning, I also uploaded it to YouTube.  It can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/v/zdAah8_2sTM   If the link does not work, seach YouTube for "Tribute To Richard Bowyer".    Although the train whistle does not show up very well in the video, it is right above the Driver's side window.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 07:06:24 AM »

I wish I would have known you were in Augusta, I would have driven over to visit.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:20:13 AM »

Thanks Jack, I think we all needed that.

Please see my post on the original Richard Bowyer thread.

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=9604.0

Dallas
cody

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:06:01 AM »

The first time libby heard that train whistle was at jacks, we were parked along side the shop and she was sitting in our bus when jack hit the whistle, his bus was inside his shop and she gave me the most puzzled look lol, she didn't know of any train tracks anywhere even close, it was comical, she loves train whistles and now she figures we have to get one lol, hearing it reminded me of that.
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 08:40:48 AM »

I wish I would have known you were in Augusta, I would have driven over to visit.

Actually, we were near Dearing, but drove into Augusta yesterday to go to riverwalk to sightsee.  Hope to see ya'll next weekend at Kyle's non rally.  Jack

Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 10:09:28 AM »

Thanks Jack for sharing that with us! Every time I hear a train whistle I'll think of Richard.

That is one cool sounding horn.  Grin

Maybe instead of a cow on the bus garage it should be the sound of your horn. Wink

Paul
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »

Hi everyone, this is Hilary again. My grandmother and I wanted to thank you all for your kindness and support. And thank you to Jack & John for the video. We all loved it and my grandma really appreciated it. I sent the video link in an e-mail to the family and everyone really enjoyed it. We all get choked up and teary eyed every time we watch it. It really means a lot to us, especially my Grandma. She keeps saying how much she wishes Richard was here to see everything, especially the outpouring of support, condolences, thoughts & prayers, and just everything that has been done here on these boards in honor of him. He really was a great man who meant so much to so many people, and I am very proud to call him my Grandpa. Again, thank you all so much for all you have done. It really does mean a lot to me & my family.
~Hilary

Richard & Hilary - "Grandpa's Girl"

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »

We are at the Eagle rally in Branson and the DrivingMissLazy Eagle is here.  I am going to make a presentation to the group tomorrow and I plan to play the video prior to the presentation.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 07:56:18 PM »

Hi Jim,

Thanks!  That would be nice to see.

The former DML I think is now called the Phoenix??

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 08:27:44 PM »

Hilary,
No need to thank us, really!

We are all just nuts and well your grandpa was too! (about buses that is!) He was as much a part of our "busnut" family as he was a part of your real family!
And I'd say that makes you and your family a part of ours too! By all means, and I'm quite sure I speak for ALL OF US, when I say this. By all means if there is anything any of us can do for ya'll just ASK!

Bryce Gaston aka Grin  BK  Grin

PS I really was fooled I thought you were older than you seem to be in the picture! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dreamscape

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 03:01:23 AM »

Nick,

The former Driving Miss Lazy is now called Sanity Fix. Mike Crouch and Brenda Britt have done a wonderful job of restoring the interior, it's still a work in progress though. They were at the TBR a few weeks ago.

Paul
Dallas

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 04:11:42 AM »

Just a reminder....

At 14:00 ET this afternoon I urge everyone to air up your buses and give a "Final Rule" blast on your air horns in honor of our late friend and community mentor, Richard Bowyer.

The "Final Rule Signal" is 2 long blasts, one short blast and one long blast.... This is the signal that is universal.. It's called the "Final Rule" and Signals that the train is approaching a crossing.

Or friend has made the crossing.

If you can, record the sound or video with whatever you have handy... My cell phone will record both video and sound as will my digital camera on "Video" setting.

If you get a recording, I would like you to send it to me and I'll make a collage and post it on the internet.

Thanks,

Dallas
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 04:57:10 AM »

Hello, this is Hilary. I am older than in that picture. I'm 25...I was probably 3 in the pic I posted. Its just a good pic of us together that I really like. I spent more time with my grandparents growing up than I did with my mom and I was really close with my grandpa. I always used to say that I was his favorite. He always said that he thought he'd never live to see me or my brother graduate high school. But he did, and he got the see three great-grandchildren. My daughter was born a month early, so he got an extra month with her. She's only 2 1/2 months and I wish she could have had more time with him to know what a great grandpa he was. He had asked to hold her that Wed. night which I didn't think about until the next day after he died. He never asked to hold her before...we would ask him or he would offer. He loved holding her, it was just weird that he asked to, almost like he knew something. I'm just very happy that he got to hold her one last time. Its just been really hard on us all...we still can't believe that he's really gone. Cry

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dreamscape

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 05:54:10 AM »

Hi Hilary,

I, as well as others, are so happy to hear from you. This is such a great way to really get to know someone that I've never met. I'm sure he is smiling right now and feeling good that the family is contributing to the bus forum.

Thank You for keeping us posted.

I pray that God will give you comfort and peace,

Paul
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 06:07:11 AM »

Hilary,
   I am glad to hear that the family enjoyed the video.  Seeing all the photos you have put on the BB tells me that you have a lot of fond memories of times with Richard. I pray that these memories will help you get through this.  Jack

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: