Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 03:19:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still looking for someone to tow a bus...  (Read 4135 times)
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 11:56:12 AM »

That is going to be a breezy ride - might I suggest goggles and a scarf?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 01:35:36 PM »

Heck,
That thing even has windshields, I was imagining pictures of you in goggles heading down the road.
Jim

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
Dreamscape

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 01:42:01 PM »

Heck, I drove our Eagle with no front windshields in it for about 20 miles....That was interesting...At least I kept my mouth shut... Wink

Dales trip oughta be a breeze.......Hee Hee

Paul
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 01:51:23 PM »

Thanks for posting the photos.  The comment about her being driven into the barn ___before__ the roof raise conjured up a picture, the photos showed sufficient vertical clearance. 

I still wonder if Brian Brown (spaceship buffalo)'s 4108 was the one that took out a garage door with it's roof, when it was in service.  The Fullington coach came into our garage for service while on a charter, the driver didn't wait for the door to open all the way .... crunch.  Strangely enough, that same driver left Fullington and hired on with the company I worked for, and followed me as the driving instructor when I left. 

I'm still cautious with our 4107 when it comes to unposted heights.

Good luck with the trip.  Can you take someone along to photograph the looks on the faces of the other motorists?

Arthur 

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Songman

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 05:26:10 PM »

We're still up here working on getting the bus. We got it started and it sounds great. We still have some air leaks we are working on. The biggest problem, I think comes from an interlock from the doors. The doors have been removed and wires cut. We are showing a check transmission light and we can't shift it out of neutral. I saw people with this same problem when removing the rear doors from their RTSs. Does anyone happen to know which wires we need to connect to bypass this problem. Other than that it is all downhill...

Oh yeah... and it chose today to rain all day! Pass the goggles.

I am borrowing the seller's computer so I probably won't be able to come back to check responses. If anyone has an answer and would call me, I can call you back to keep it from costing you..

6-6-1*8-0-9*2-4-6-3

Thanks,
Dale
RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 10:22:46 AM »

Songman

Even though we've certainly had "problems" with each other- I hate to see ANYONE (even you) having a "DO NOT SHIFT" problem.

I believe the RTS problems you spoke about are actually the Brake & Throttle interlock problem when removing the passenger side door wiring on the RTS.
The cure was to throw the "DOOR MASTER" switch hidden under the dash to release the 1/2 pressure applied to the rear brakes and release the Throttle interlock that gets applied when the doors are open. BUT this was never a "DO NOT SHIFT PROBLEM"

I assume that you most likely have a HT741 Allison with an ATEC (Allison Transmission Electronic Control ??) -
If so - then VERY OFTEN after they have been sitting a long time - they will power up after the statup diagnostic check with - SHIFTING SOLENOID ERRORS - that will cause the DO NOT SHIFT light to come on. Hopefully you have a DIAGNOSTIC SWITCH in front on the shifter - throw it and count the "CHECK TRANNY" lightes to decode the 2 digit "DIAGNOSTIC CODE" - hopefully I've included an Allison 7xx series Diagnostic Error Chart (Mines a V731 - but they should be similar.

But even more important -

#1-THE ALLISON WILL USUALLY let you push gear selection BEFORE it does it's initial statup diagnostics - try pushing gear selection buttons to get it out of neutral JUST AS SOON AS YOU TURN THE IGNITION ON (you don't have to start the engine) - this will usually work to prevent ithe Allison from going into "DO NOT SHIFT" error-  If it doesn't work the first time do it again. Once you gotten past the Pre-Check you can usually put it back into neutral to get the bus started.

#2- Here's the offical Allison Error reset procedure from my diagnostic book --> To clear the codes, start the bus. Let it settle down and run in idle. Press the brake peddle and hold in place. Remove the parking brake. Shift the key pad slowly into this pattern. N, R, D, N then N D R N . that should reset the codes.

IF your Tranny is a World with a WTEC (World Transmission Electronic Control) - then here's the diagnostic and reset procedures for those trannies.
http://www.rvtechstop.com/articles/allson2.pdf
http://westernstatestransmissions.com/html/trouble1.html

Pete RTS/Daytona

P.S. - Say hello to Don for me :-)

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
Songman

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 12:44:05 AM »

Thanks Pete. The problem turned out to be a disconnected ground wire on the ATEC computer. Since the Eagle only has one door, it is like the RTS front door and you can drive with it open anyway so that wasn't the problem. Lots of cut and disconnected wires will be the adventure of this conversion for a while.

BTW - This bus has an HT748. I don't know what differences there are between the 748 and 741. I wish I could afford to put a 500 or 4060 in it but I would never recoup the cost on the small amount of mileage difference it would make.

Also Pete, I have no problem with any bus owner on the internet (even you). This is a hobby of great people who are most always willing to help each other out, as you have just shown. I appreciate it and if you still have problems with me, you are in it alone. I'm friends with everyone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: