Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 03, 2014, 12:26:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wheelbases tag axels & hight  (Read 994 times)
crown

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2008, 10:00:14 AM »

hi does anyone known the overall wheelbase of a 45 ft coach and how much harder is a 45 to drive / park /set up in campgrounds ect
and what wheelbase does a buffalo or eagle single axel have how do 40 ft single axel ride are they top heavy in high winds ?
and what overall hight buss are out there  i saw one bus i liked it was a two hump roof rise the overall hight on the rear hump
was 13. 3 or 13.6 this was to the top of roof vent any one have one this high any thoughts ? as for the wheelbases  years ago
i streched my crown from 40 to 45 but did not skin it yet as i was going to raise roof also now a little older i am thinking of going
back to 40 ft  any thoughts or iders ? if i go back to 40ft do i keep tag axel or remove ? tag is rear of drive axel thanks
need all the help i can only one bus nut in costa rica thanks again great group john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 10:15:44 AM »

We had a 40' MCI 8 that we enjoyed.  It got around very well - even in state parks.  Since we have a 45' now, we have had to change our approach to camping since we cannot maneuver near as well.  Turning radius is probably as good, but the center of the bus aims for trees and electric poles.

That said, I don't think you should reduce the length after you already stretched it.  I would suggest you prioritize getting it done, and use it.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 09:34:41 PM »

With my truck conversion project, I am keeping the length to 40ft.  Here in California, you can drive up to a 3 axle house car that is up to 40ft in length with a normal class C license.  Go over and you have to have a Class A non commercial license-not a problem for me since I still have my Class A commercial license, but anyone else driving-mainly my wife-would need it.  Also, go into the Woodall's, or Trailer Life campground guide and look at all the campgrounds that do not accept over 40ft'rs.  There's alot that won't accept 40 ft.  I'd stay with 40ft.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
crown

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 10:17:43 AM »

thanks for the replys

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 11:08:09 AM »

I'm personally at 43 feet and would love the extra 2 feet of a 45 footer.  My 43 footer has a shorter wheelbase than most 40 footers so turning is not a issue really.  The biggest issue with the short wheelbase is lack of cargo capacity.

I've never camped at a campground and always boondock so length has not been an issue to date.  I don't live anywhere close to California and it is unlikely I will ever go there unless diesel is $1 a gallon again.  Too far to go and too much traffic to pay $4 a gallon to go there.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
crown

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »

hi belfert can you tell me what your wheelbase is and do you have a tag axel  i am getting ready to put air ride on so i am open as to where i set up the axel thanks what is hight of your bus ?

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 05:15:09 PM »

The height of my bus is right around 12 feet or a little more without the A/C units.  I wish the interior was about 3 inches taller inside, but I wasn't about to raise the roof.  Part of the reason I like the Dina is that I am 6'2" and no roof raise necessary.  I think the Dina would be quite difficult to do a roof raise due to the fiberglass front and rear caps.  You won't find taller replacements like an MCI or Eagle.

I'll have to try to remember to measure the wheelbase tomorrow.  I do have a tag axle.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 05:04:36 PM »

I haven't had a chance to measure the wheelbase yet with the early sunsets these days.  I'm trying to get caught up with yardwork with what little light I do have.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: