Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 12:05:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Branson Rally Report / Eagles International website  (Read 4272 times)
rusty

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »

The Eagle International Branson Rally is now history.  Thank you to Byron and Betty for another fun-filled rally. 

The total number of buses attending was somewhere around 27 or 28 with 2 "SOBs".  The count differs according to the adult-beverage consumed by the counter,. 

Every morning we had coffee and doughnuts, and a good time renewing old friendships and starting new ones for 2 or 3 hours (story-telling optional). 

Monday we got settled in and that night we were treated to a catered BBQ.  After dinner we had a door prize drawing.  Byron outdid himself on the prizes.  We were treated to things like an air compressor, a campstove, boat rides, 4-wheeler rides, flag pole holders, hats and too many things to remember.  Everyone went home with a prize. 

Tuesday nothing was planned so a lot of tire kicking and lie swapping went on. 

Wednesday we went to the Dutton's show as a group.  Later that night we all went out to dinner at the Fish House at Branson Landing. 

Thursday afternoon we had a club meeting.  We announced 3, possibly 4 rallies for next year.  The Quartzite Rally will be combined with the GM group which should make it a very fun rally.  I will announce the rest of the rallies as time gets closer.  Thanks to Jim Shepard and Dale Houston who unveiled our new club website.  You can check it out at eaglesinternational.net.  Information is a little sparce but with a little help we will begin to fill it up.  We have one problem with the site that was brought up and will be fixed at the earliest possible moment.  The home page has a picture of an Eagle and a cat and as you all know, a feline and a bird just don't make a very good match!  We will see about getting this picture removed.  That evening we had our potluck dinner.  We are so lucky to have so many good cooks. 

It looks like Jim & Pat will be the last to leave.  I haved asked them to sweep the lot and collect all the ferrous oxide for recycle.  By executive order Jim, you can use the proceeds to buy one tank of fuel but the rest must be returned to the treasurer. 

Thank You, Wayne
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:15:43 AM by rusty » Logged
luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »

Wayne,sounds like a good rally broke my heart not to be there it was uncalled for too,I'll never serve on another jury.But with Bob Ward there you were in good hands. Who is going to post the pictures and are they going to be on our new web site.   
good luck
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »

Thanks Rusty for the report!

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Wish we could have been there, but it just didn't happen like we had hoped. I don't have a valid excuse like Clifford, just too little vacation time and the darn cost of fuel!

Looking forward to seeing the dates for next year, so we can plan on at least one of them. Wink Gotta have TBR you know. Grin

Hope the new website goes well too, we all needed a better place to hang out! Grin You know, birds of a feather flock together!

Paul
luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 05:46:36 PM »

, Paul at the next meeting in Quartzsite I am going to ask for a vote to make Teke an honoree member so he can use our forum on the new site do you think that would pass     Good luck
Dreamscape

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:06:56 PM »

Clifford,

I'm not sure, but we can give a try!                Whoops, sorry, he doesn't like birds......

Grin

P.S. Who took pictures? Are they going to be on the website soon, so I can see how much fun I really missed? Cry
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:14:43 PM by Dreamscape » Logged
Songman

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 09:25:10 PM »

I'm glad everything went well, and I am glad we can finally talk about the website. Anyone who has pictures can send them to me and I will post them on the website.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 06:01:35 AM »

Dale, Wayne took quite a few pictures and he is still here.  I will get them from him today and get them to you for the website.

As Wayne said, Byron and Betty did a great job!  They host this rally every other year at Branson and it is a fun place!

One last comment, take a look at the Eagles new website.  Dale did a beautiful job.  While it is "under construction", there is still a lot of good photos and other information.  Now that the website has been approved, we will begin to send more information to Dale so that it can be placed on the website.

The direct link is:  http://www.eaglesinternational.net/

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
luvrbus

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 08:05:52 AM »

Jim or Wayne after the years of waiting for a site when are we going to be told how to post and use it is my question are we to register or what don't leave us in the dark here if everything has go through Jim are Dale that not going to fun  and please don't put a price limit for Eagle items for sale on the classifieds    Good luck
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:16:33 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Songman

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 08:12:59 AM »

Clifford,

We didn't add all the goodies to the site yet because we wanted the approval of the club members. Apparently that was gotten at Branson. I spoke briefly with Jim about what we are going to do but full details are not known yet. It is my understanding that we are going to have a forum. I don't know yet if it will be members only or public.. or maybe public with a few members only sections. I don't want to talk out of school yet since I am just the flunky putting it on the net.. but just letting you know that the 'goodies' are on the way. I just needed approval before adding them.
luvrbus

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »

Dale, how are you coming on the bus move,I am not trying to give anybody a hard time if  indeed it has go through you or Jim I will abide but won't like it I think the all club members should have some input and most of the board open to our fellow bus-nuts ( but no Eagle bashing)   Good luck
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:43:05 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Dreamscape

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 09:04:23 AM »

If the forum was open to all fellow bus nuts, regulating Eagle bashing is simple, remove the member after one warning. Not sure if we as a club would not just want to keep it simple, Eagle Owners only, dunno. Although, like Dale said, two forums, but that might get complex. What do the other members have to say?

A feature that you may have already thought of is Club Member Locator map, or list by state.

I agree with Clifford on classified, no limit.

If either Dale of Jim could use some help, I'm available.

Can't wait to get all the bells and whistles on the site so we can have some real fun! Wink

Paul
luvrbus

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 09:14:26 AM »

Paul, I think the forum should be for Eagle owners only past and present and the classified for Eagles and conversion parts
Catskinner!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 10:07:42 AM »

Well!

I don't know about birds and cats not mixing, but I do know
of one Cat and Eagle that gets along just fine.
   Also I think the Home Page pictures are the best.

Dale you did one Hell!of a job.

Catskinner!
Sonnie and Patti Gray
72 0/5 Eagle 3406 CAT
Pottsboro, Texas
luvrbus

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 10:11:17 AM »

Sonnie, could that be because your Bus is the first one on the left  LOL one thing I would like to see if possiable would be a how to do and fix(rust) section, then Sonnie you and Wayne could show us how to flip the axles on these birds
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:32:46 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Dreamscape

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »

At least his is on the home page! Wink

Ours might be the last one pictured on the last page! Grin I keep telling myself I looked OK at 40, although not as many battle scars as Dreamscape.

At least with the new site, Clifford you can start selling all the stuff you have collected!

Paul
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: