Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 08:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Branson Rally Report / Eagles International website  (Read 4338 times)
Bob Belter

Eagle 01 //Cummins M-11 Roadranger OD RTO1110

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 11:13:20 AM »

Ahoy, Eagles,

When / where is the Quartzsite Eagle rally?  (I don't have a recent newsletter).

Enjoy  /s/  Bob

luvrbus

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »

Hang in there Bob the last news letter was March and nothing in it except the 2008 Quartzsite  rally you were at     good luck
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »

Wow, lots of good website input.

As Dale said, this was only a demo to show board and the Branson rally attendees.

The board approved the website and the members seemed to buy into the concept very well

Now the fun begins.  Everyone has their thoughts about what should be on the website.  Some things can be implemented fairly easily, others may have to wait a while.

If you have been to the classified, you know that it is not implemented yet.  There would be no reason to put a limit on the value. 

Like it or not, there will be a members only section and that will have to include some sort of approval process.  I will volunteer for that assignment.  We will make it very simple to become a member and I will work with Dale on that process.

At the meeting, a straw vote indicated that the members want the forum to be in the members only section.  There will be a contact for the general public to get in touch with one or more people, but we just don't want to have to spend a bunch of time moderating the forum with trash posts (rust comments? Grin) by non-members.

The member section will likely include the roster, and the bylaws in addition to the forum.

We need member input, but please understand that Dale is volunteering his valuable time(he does this for a living) and we have very limited resources.

We do need good how-to-do articles.  If you will send them to me (jim at rvsafetysystems dot com) I will make sure they get on.  Any digital format is acceptable.

We also have some members who have project pages like mine that will be put in the link area so others can find how some of us have done our crazy projects.

We need a good history section.  I think Clifford have agreed to coordinate that effort.  We talked about two levels of history.  The first is the company and the second is the club.  Bill Pratt volunteered to help with the club history.

Gary LaBombard (who no longer posts on this board  Angry) has a great set of CDs that he sells with very detailed information on how to repair Eagle rust (and other good information).  We somehow need to get a strong link to his product.

So, keep the ideas comming, but be patient.

Bob, my calendar show Quatzsite to be Jan 15-17

You can send your suggestions to me (jim at rvsafetysystem dot com) if you don't want to post them here.

Jim

BTW, I just mailed Dale a DVD with the photos of the Branson rally that Wayne took.  If others have photos from the rally, please let me know and we will find a way to get them to Dale.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 01:41:51 PM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Songman

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 12:37:28 AM »

At least with the new site, Clifford you can start selling all the stuff you have collected!

Hang on now! I want to go over there and raid Clifford's storehouse of parts before he starts selling stuff off!! Cheesy
I've been making a list of needs all weekend!

We have a fairly large amount of space on the server and can get more cheaply, so I want to encourage people to post pictures and project threads once we get the forum online. I also might suggest that having these kinds of threads in a public section that anyone can see would likely attract more people to Eagle buses and to the club. But I think more sensitive stuff should be in a section that only members can see. I can do that with only one forum. It is all about setting the permissions and is very easy. But in the end, I will set up whatever the powers of the club want to have there. In the end, there will be several people there moderating to keep the boards friendly.

Jim, I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll be posting some my my adventure tomorrow as well.

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 07:07:16 AM »

In another post, Greg Roberts talks about posting some of his project pictures on one of the Eagle Yahoo groups (there are several). 

That got me to thinking that we should have a project tab and then let folks show pictures of the progress of their projects.

When I downloaded Wayne's pictures of the rally, the chip had a ton of great pictures of his new project (almost beyond description).

We need to get Greg to sign up as a member Grin and get his pictures on the "real" Eagle website Wink

Wayne is still here, so I will see if we can get the title of this thread changed to reflect the website discussion (only originator can change the title).

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
luvrbus

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 07:57:16 AM »

JIM, where do find the email address for the Eagle web site
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 08:56:40 AM »

Hi Clifford.  Great question

As you page through the website (http://www.eaglesinternational.net) you will note that Dale has put "place holder" standard text in the pages where we have not developed the page.  That is the case with the "contact us" page.

Dale and I  have discussed how to deal with this issue and not post our email address and phone number in a very public place.  I can't recall exactly how we decided to handle the situation.  I believe we were going to have a screen come up that will allow the reader to enter his/her comment/question and then have that response sent to one of our email boxes.  That way, the address looks something like:  "response at eaglesinternational.net " and that message will be forwarded to someone.

Now that we are "public" we need to get that page done.

Dale, if I am correct in remembering our discussion, will you make that page active and have the mail sent to me at the address you use for our correspondence?  Later, we might choose to redirect it to someone else, but for now I will be glad to handle the correspondence.    If programming a pop-up email form is a big deal, just place an email address with the suffix @eaglesinternational.net and have it redirected to me.

Thanks

Jim

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 09:02:33 AM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Songman

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »

Hey guys. Just got home. The Eagle has landed as they say! Pictures coming in another thread soon.

On the subject of this thread, we talked about several options. One was for officers of the club to have personal e-mail addresses. These could be the person's name or the person's office. If we do the person's office, at the end of their term the e-mail address passes on to the new person. The benefit of this system is that bookmarks people have for club e-mail never go bad.

The other option was to have a standard club e-mail, and possibly for officers, that when you click on the link you want to send to, it opens a form for you to type your message. You never actually know the address of the person you are writing... until they write you back.

With this second option, the officers could opt to use their own personal e-mail instead of having a separate club e-mail address. This does make it a little easier for them, but personally I think it looks professional when the person writes back and their e-mail address is "-------@eaglesinternational.net".

For myself, I have set up 'dale at eaglesinternational.net' just to accept photos and information people want to send me. Just a note for everyone, if you need to put your e-mail address on the net, do it in this format so bots will not pick it up and start spamming you. That is one of the goals of the Eagles International website in addition to promoting the club.. We want to protect all of those who participate from being spammed, and also ensure that their personal information is secure. We can make sure it is done in the software for the site, but each individual must also be sure to protect themselves in what they post.
Dreamscape

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 03:32:23 PM »

Great information Dale and Jim,

If you need any help with anything now or in the future, let me know.

It will be nice to finally have a place to call home for Eagles International!

Paul
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 04:00:28 PM »

Dale, make it easy on yourself and set up at least a temporary address so that we will have a contact. 

I can set up a mailbox with the address you set (using redirect), or you can guide me on using the email from the ISP.  I assume it will be via POP3.

Of course, we want you to take time to recover from your adventure!!!!

THANKS

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 05:22:23 AM »

OK folks, good news/bad news.

The good news is that Dale has now updated the contact page -- we now have a contact.  If you have loaded that page in the past, you may need to hit the "refresh" tab to get the new page.

The bad news is that that contact (for now) is me Grin.

Dale is working on several of the pages.  I am amazed about how much work and thought process this site involves!

We will try to keep the MAK board posted about major "events" that occur at http://www.eaglesinternational.net/ as the website develops.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Dreamscape

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »

Well now we have a guy to complain to huh? Grin

Just kidding! Wink

Great, Dale is making strides on this important website for us birds.

I'm really looking forward to the classified section up and going, Dale said he is working on it. As I have some stuff to sell. You go Dale!

Paul

Songman

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 04:02:54 PM »

Paul, I was originally going to have a separate classifieds section as just a web page. I have since decided that it would a lot simpler for me and everyone else to just have it as a part of the forum. The forum is almost ready to go as soon as we iron out a few more wrinkles.

There will be no charge or limit for the classifieds, but we do stipulate that only Eagle parts or bus conversion items be listed.

Hopefully just a couple more days...

By the way... we will have a place for chapter members to show off their Eagles, and there will also be a place for people to keep a running history of their conversion. So everyone start digging up your pictures and let's make this a showplace right off the bat.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:05:17 PM by Songman » Logged
luvrbus

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 04:09:23 PM »

Dale, paybacks are going to be hell I can see it coming when you are ready to install the feathers on you Eagle, are you ready for that Paul, Van and me are We  have to pay this guy back someway as cheap as he works  LOL
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 04:16:32 PM »

, Paul at the next meeting in Quartzsite I am going to ask for a vote to make Teke an honoree member so he can use our forum on the new site do you think that would pass     Good luck

Sure would be nice if I could get a honoree membership! After all I do own Setra's (which are modified or refined Eagle's since Kassbohrer designed and built both originally! And it is said that the Setra has the same radius on the front as an Eagle! Think I could put one of those big shiney chrome Eagle bumpers on my Setra's and trick 'm out with chicken light's?), and I even have a place for them to park when passing thru!

Not to mention I happen to know of a stash of new/used parts are! (like an 01 rear axle hub-to-hub and etc.)

Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: