Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:57:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Towing a Bus  (Read 948 times)
luvrbus

« on: October 04, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »

Dale called and said him and Don were about 150 miles from home and the bus was running great with the 3 year fuel,  the transmission problem was a ground wire and thanks to all for the help and he will post pictures tomorrow for us he is one happy bus owner
VAN

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:39:29 PM »

It's been a long time coming huh cliff , good luck song man in that reserected eagle.

the eagle soars once more
              VAN
Songman

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 12:26:06 AM »

Hey guys. We actually ended up stopping for the night. Once we had dinner we were just too tired to continue. I was a little worried about not having clearance lights anyway. But, as Clifford said, the bus is running great. Good oil pressure, good temp, engine sounds real good. We've been cruising around 70 down the interstate. Don has been driving and I have been following. I am loving watching the bus in front of me and dreaming about what it is going to be. But I think the best thing is watching how people react to this big cage of a bus! People will turn all the way around backwards in their car to try to get a little longer look to figure out what is going on. Every time we stop, people come over and ask us what we are doing. One truck driver came over and was very knowledgeable about bus conversions. He pointed out that the roof raise had already been done and everything. He said he doesn't have a bus yet but he hopes... I invited him to come over to the forum.

Also like Clifford said, the entire problem was that the ground wire was loose on the ATEC computer in the front bay. These NJs are completely different than normal Eagles. Luckily, there was a tag on this white wire that said "This wire must be connected to chassis ground' and it wasn't! Once I grounded it all the codes disappeared and everything started running fine. 6-7 hours over one wire!

We'll be home tomorrow and I will dump the camera and post some pictures. Thanks again for everyone support and assistance during this ordeal. I hope to have the caps, sides, and windows on in time for Quartzsite. We might have to throw a 'bus raising' and see how many bus nuts we can get to Don's shop one weekend to see how quick we can get this thing dried in!
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 01:51:14 AM »

Dale,

Great to hear that your adventure turned out so good!

At least with the ground wire problem you have some troubleshooting skills that will come in handy as you progress.

Enjoy the ride,

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: