Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 12:34:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About levelers (bigfoot type) on an Eagle  (Read 2859 times)
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 05:12:37 PM »

Hey Steve
I know that Bill has levelers on his Eagle and they had to be moved from their original location. not sure on the fronts but they had the rears mounted about even with the front of the engine (rear of bus) and it put so much stress on them it bent the mounts. they moved them forward but I dont recall the exact location but they seem to work fine now. I think the biggest issue is getting them located so that weight points balance out the coach the same as when sitting on the tires. I believe that on a stock seated coach the center of gravity is 17 inches or so forward of the rear baggage bulkhead. of course all that changes on a conversion. I never tried lifting Bill's off the ground but did have it up pretty high and nothing creaked or moaned.
steve
kysteve

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 05:36:34 PM »

Rusty, have you any specs on what you have there.  Sounds interesting to me. What type of cylinders were they and such.

Steve, thats the type of nightmare I am trying to avoid, that is ,with the levelers behind the motor.  By the way who's "Bill".  That's a new name to me??

........Thanks Guys..............
..............Kentucky Steve...............
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »

hey Steve
William "Bill" Watkins, he has an 82 Eagle that is stretched to 45'. He lives over off I75 north of Atlanta. I do a bunch of work on his bus and then rob parts off the model 10 he is scrapping. I live about an hour north, northeast of Atlanta in Dahlonega if you are going to be down here and want to get together. I will most likely be around the house working on my Eagle.
steve
Songman

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »

Yeah Steve, you might want to talk to Bill if you are in need of anything. He's getting rid of that Model 10 one piece at a a time!
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 07:45:42 PM »

yea, most of it is on my bus or waiting to go on if it ever looks like a bus again. mine looks like the one you just picked up but I have most of the front and rear caps still on it. if you or KYSTEVE need any thing from it let me know as I go over there stealing parts whenever he is in town.
steve
Songman

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »

We've got to all get together next time I am in Dalton! The biggest thing I am looking for now is bumpers and corners but I am sure those are already gone. Air seat base and steering wheel come to mind.

kysteve

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 01:14:55 AM »

Steve, Bill has that Eagle with the cool head lights let into the bumperettes doesn't he???  I don't know of anything right off I need other than the shock mount bolts.  I will try and see if I can find a Pic of one of mine to see if they are the same.  I would like to find them to get them to the powdercoater all at the same time with my control arms.  If I remember right Bill is an over the road truck driver.  I'd like to come by and meet you and your bird Steve.  We've never know where we go after a race for sure but right now I think we'll be heading back north Monday after the race.  I will let you know when race time gets a little closer.  Dale I might be able to help you out on the air ride for the seat if I dont reuse mine.  I wont know till some time next year but if I dont use it you can have it.   Thanks Guys

.................Kentucky Steve ............................
Songman

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 07:53:47 AM »

Thanks Steve. You saw the pics of my latest project. The air ride is the least of my worries for now! haha
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 09:14:20 AM »

Yes Bill's has the different headlamps. they are Ford truck lights with the bumper corners modified to fit the light. Yes he and his wife are otr truckers so you never know when they are home. let me know your plans for the race weekend. If you want to visit Dahlonega I have a spare second floor at the house no one uses.
steve
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »

Steve  Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have been on the road. I will get you a list of the parts I used to make my system. When you get time please call me.
                                                                                 Thank You Wayne 303-591-0372
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: