Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 14, 2014, 07:07:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: your toughts on this bus  (Read 4703 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 08:11:40 AM »

I think the roof hump on a scenicruiser is as good as it ever gets when it comes to balanced proportion (that's why I bought a few  Grin ).

I have a very low opinion of the cosmetics & proportion of the peace maker bus, too busy & the body lines don't seem to flow together. But, that's just my opinion to the looks of it.

I like the extra front windshield on the upper level on my bus, it really opens up the view when parked. The dual levels also break up the tunnel or cave effect.

As for overall height, if over 13'-6", you're gonna have clearance issues. Most bridges clear 14', but there are exceptions that will cause the headaches . . . .
A landoll trailer has a 38" deck height, so you'll need to consider that when it comes to 'alternative transportation' of your bus - if it is ever needed. Towing on a hook carries it's own set of opportunities too. Just fodder for thought.

BUT, you shouldn't be building a bus for us. You should be building a bus for you to enjoy  Grin. If you like it, most here will be happy for you & support you every way we can.   Cool Grin Grin Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 09:57:06 AM »

Ya'll keep talking about the 'Peacemake' bus.  What was that?
Thanks
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
crown

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 10:07:11 AM »

hi jack the peacemaker bus was in a tread last week or goggle peacemaker bus there are 116 pics on webshots the peacemaker
bus there are 2 one was made using a senic crusser and a aerobus roof with sky lights hope this helps the inside is all done in wood

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 10:47:29 AM »

Thanks Crown, I remember that one from a couple of years ago, trying to figure out how to kill the folks that bastardized those buses without going to jail.  (Of course after the jury saw a Scenicruiser and then what they did to it...I don't think I would be convicted!) Grin
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »

Sounds like the peacemakers have not made much progress on Jack  Grin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:06:57 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
crown

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 04:04:08 PM »

hey jack if it helps i saw a writeup with a picture of the senic it was a old converded one missing a lot of parts
but if you want to go crazy   i guy hear had 4 seated senics a sillverside & 2 buffalo buss i had seen them before
the day i went to talk to him about buying one of the senics they had choped up 3 & the 4 was down to the floor
the other buss were all ready choped up and on there way to china  a sad day john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
BJ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 08:31:14 PM »

It looks to me to be a Postal Crown with a Hall-Scott gas engine which can be changed out with a cummings. Naturally you will need a side mount cummings which can be had. Nice conversion project Crown has all truck parts as the proud owners of Crowns know...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: