Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 10:41:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welding Air Tank  (Read 4216 times)
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 08:49:10 AM »

...and speaking of NEWBIE, this post graduates me to JUNIOR MEMBER !!!
Whoopee...... Smiley

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 08:53:44 AM »

Finally. Congratulations!

...and speaking of NEWBIE, this post graduates me to JUNIOR MEMBER !!!
Whoopee...... Smiley

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 01:29:56 PM »

I have talked to a bunch of air tank welders. It rarely works. The pin holes always seem to open up somewhere else, The tanks get water inside & you really cannot tell where the holes will apear. It's like a dog chasin it's tail...................You can never seem to catch it.

Rich
800-468-5287
gus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 01:51:24 PM »

Rich,

You're correct,along with a bunch of others who said the same thing.

I tried it even though I knew it was probably futile. I needed the practice on my new wire welder anyway. After burning a couple of holes in the tank at pretty low settings I used my disc grinder on the whole bottom and found a dozen other probable leak points.

Please check your email.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: