Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 04:19:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welding Polypropylene  (Read 1184 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »

I am looking for sources for a welder, if that is what it is called. Also the rod material. I am trying to cut 3 tanks apart and making 2.  Thanks  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 10:01:24 AM »

Cheapest: Harbor Freight.

They have a new one with the air pump built in.

But could have been Northern Tool. I forget now which.

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 06:08:50 PM »

Tom,
   Be sure to visit http://www.gumpydog.com/bus/MC9_WIP/Plumbing/Holding_Tank_Fabrication/holding_tank_fabrication.htm
before you start, craig's method of routing edges before welding is very helpful.
     Send me an off board email with your shipping address, phone #,  & how much rod you need.   I have several extra 1 # rolls of polypropylene rod which I'll send you for the cost of shipping.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »

I looked at the 2 from Harbor Freight. Has anyone bought one of these? The one is 38.00. Where are you guys buying the rods at?  Thanks Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
luvrbus

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 09:55:27 PM »

Tom, I buy my rod from www.arizonatools.com they have all types and that is were I bought my welder also   

good luck
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:57:21 PM by luvrbus » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: