Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 07:05:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow! Diesel at $3.69/gal. today  (Read 1278 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« on: October 11, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »

Still $3.99 at some stations, but four locations around the south side of Chattanooga were at $3.69.  That puts it the same as mid grade gasoline at most of the stations here.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »

Filled up 2 buses last night in town at the overpriced local fuel stop @ $3.49! Who ever thought I'd be happy to pay $1047 for 300 gallons of fuel? Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 02:50:53 PM »

$3.25.9 at Flying J in Phoenix at the RV pumps 
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »

We're still at $3.79 locally for diesel while the average price for gasoline is $2.87.

It kills me to pay nearly $1 a gallon more for diesel.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:24:16 AM »

The place I have been getting fuel from is still over 4 dollars a gallon.  I guess being close to DC keeps the price up.

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
Blacksheep

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »

Reg gas is down to $3.17 today from $3.29 yesterday. Diesel is still around $3.75...

Ace
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »

Saw Diesel for $3.55 just north of Martinsville, VA yesterday. Most stations are between $3.69 and $3.89 in this area.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 04:33:45 PM »

I fueled at Eloy AZ for $3.26 at Flying J today   
have a great day
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »

3.79 at a Marathon truck stop here in northern Ohio. 

you can all thank me for this drop, i filled up about 10 days ago, right before the bailout vote and the price drop.  At $4.01 for biodiesel.

hopefully i'll find somewhere to go to use this up, then find it even cheaper since BK filled all his toys up.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 07:23:09 PM »

The price of fuel always goes down just before an election.  Guess who that benefits.  It will jump back up immediately after the election almost certainly.  OPEC was having a meeting Friday to determin how much to lower production to correct the price slump.  With the world economy in such a tither they might hold off for a couple more months but I doubt it.  Fill up before the end of November is my advice and we all know how infallible my crystal ball is.

Hey, with the drop in fuel prices I took notice that Airline Air Fares haven't come down even a stitch.  Those guys had perfect reflexes when it went up so what is going on?  Must be time for the Gummint to inject them with cash to support the high fares.  Makes perfect sense from what I have seen recently.

Good hunting,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »

I don't think the price of fuel comes down before every election.  It looks like in 2004 that prices were on the increase just before the election.  The economy has a lot to do with fuel prices falling right now. 

Before the 2004 elections I don't think fuel prices affected elections at all for a long time because gas was so cheap.  Fuel was still pretty low before the 2000 elections, but it had started to creep up.  I remember folks being outraged at $1.30 and $1.40 fuel back then.  Of course, gas had been below $1 for a few years at the time.

Airplane flights are often bought well in advance so lots of folks got a bargain.  Now, the airlines aren't going to drop prices right away because they have to make up for all the seats they lost money on.  Also, I don't believe airlines ever raised fares enough to cover $147/barrel oil so prices aren't going to drop as much as oil did.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: