Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 05:05:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: update: 6v92ta problems  (Read 907 times)
VAN

« on: October 13, 2008, 07:36:23 AM »

Well it's been along time coming(what seems like forever)but I took the trip out to bakersfield CA to pick up my new heads and brought them puppies home,thanks to Don Fairchild for his outstanding work and contributions toward helping me get back on the road again.And a special thanks to my new buddy LUVERBUS for providing the specialized tools needed to reinstall them (thanks clifford).

I am almost ready to begin the re assembly of the top end as soon as I get the block in as clean a condition as the parts that are being reinstalled.Seems that this couldn't have happened any sooner as my temporary hosts(best Western)who have been very gracious in letting the bus reside in the back lot of the hotel have approached me to say times up gotta move.So armed with my new parts ,all the advice gathered from the experts here on the board that I could muster and my trusty DD manuals,off to work I go

I think my next tatoo wil be the DD manual (cd form)  so I will never be with out it again Cool .Well at least my life has been consistant in learning the right way the Hard way Cry,but all in all it has a lasting effect on everthing I do . I supose when I look back to the begining had I found this forum way earlier I could have saved myself alot of grief and dough,as I would have been armed with the knowkedge of how to buy my first bus.so heres my 2 cents for those folks that are lucky enough to have come here before their first bus purchase listen to the experts here they speak with years of experience (well at least 99 percent of them ;)and alot of miles under their butts.

I will post an update as to my progress (or lack of Cry)

Love and respect Kiss
           Van

P.S I have a week to get this accomplished
so if anyone is in the area that can assist in
helping me runing the rack I shure could use
your help before they call the tow company
on me.  Cry
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:54:16 AM by VAN » Logged
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 03:37:42 PM »

wow , you sure have a really possitive attitude, i think i could learn a lot from you,    ken

treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VAN

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »

all it takes is patience and money,plus some more patience and maybe some more money LOL.Hell I'm not a normally patient man but I'll tell ya after blowing steam a couple of times ,you spin your wheels for a while and then the answer is obvious nothing happens overnight ,so far as major repairs are concerned even more so when you are  manuvering in unfamiliar waters by doing the work your self.in the service we called this the crawl,walk,run method of learning,and tomorrow is my day to get up and walk my but over to the eagle and "git er done" will update tommorow maybe i'll take some flix LOL thanx Van
VAN

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 04:45:02 PM »

Well today was the day,she fired right up and boy none to soon ,tomorrow I will be driving the bus down to it's new temporary home at cliffords house .It couldn't have went any smoother without cliffords help,no runs ,no drips no errors. big thanks to the bus gods for sending their best to help Kiss Cool

On the road again

Van
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: