Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 02:11:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vickers vane pump??????  (Read 3121 times)
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »

hi im down to last few details, the engine i have was out of a 78 fire truck, it has this vickers vane pump, from what i can tell they used it for the power steering, will this work for my mci5?Huh  for the power steering

treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 06:28:40 PM »

What's the part number?  Some of the earlier Vickers vane pumps are lower pressure and outrageously expensive to rebuild.  Later Vickers pumps are more common, cheap to rebuild and may be fine for your app.  The part number will tell all....

Cheers
G

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
mccarlk

1967 mci 5 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 07:10:59 PM »

the part number is v20f

treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:12:01 PM »

This might help:

http://www.eatonhydraulics.com/products/pdfs/i3143s.pdf

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 12:03:07 AM »

Barn owl's post is what you need... and the rest of the part number.  From there you can tell the flow rate and pressure, and then if it matches the specs necessary for your MCI, you're on.  At least the V20 series isn't a rare one like mine (VT100) !!! Parts n service are all over the place for yours. Lucky!!

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 07:04:31 AM »

Is this pump belt driven, I'd like some information on how its mounted and whether its reliable or not, the power steering pump for a 8V92 is driven off of the rear of the engine on the accessory drives, the problem I don't like is if there is a problem with the internal seals, the leak is directly into your oil system for the engine! I'm thinking that if I find the correct pulley and belts I could drive it off of the rear of the engine.........I could be wrong does anyone have any information?......Thanks!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 07:15:33 AM »

Pat; use a Eaton power steering pump(model B) and if they have a leak will be to the outside just like your fuel pump does on a 8V92   have a great day
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:02:32 PM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 04:56:11 PM »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!   Makemineatwostroke, that means i'm ready to bolt the transmission up...you made my day.....I know that Sean had problems with his power steering pump......when the seals on it went bad, this made my day!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: