Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 11:14:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramco Mirrors  (Read 5846 times)
Blacksheep

« on: October 15, 2008, 07:38:32 PM »

I found what I think is a pretty good price for Ramco Mirrors. It's just the Mirror heads without the arms. I think the number is 9000R, R meaning remote which the bottom of the mirror is and the top is manual. My question is, is there a Ramco web site that works and how do you determine what arms are for your application?

Thanks
Ace... still here and going nowhere!! Grin
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:41:19 PM »

http://www.ramco-eng.com/
Ace...I been there in 1998 and if I am not mistaken later they had a website with more buttons option but now, it just a site with phone & address.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 07:46:52 PM by Sojourner » Logged

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »

Ace, in my H 41 parts manual it give you the Prevost and the Ramco numbers if you like I will look it up for you there should be no difference in the 2 buses for mirrors   good luck
Blacksheep

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »

Thanks guys and the part number would in deed help!

Ace
luvrbus

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 08:12:35 PM »

Ace, Do you want 13 in or 15 in arms and polished, paint or chrome with or without the base   good luck
Blacksheep

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »

I definitely don't want painted ones. Already have those. The mirrors are I believe SS, so posished or chrome would work. I think what I have now are the 13's as they are not as long as some I have seen!
Thanks
Ace
luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 08:36:31 PM »

Ace for the 13" chrome # 99-0232  polish # 99-0209   
                15"   "       # 99-0231    "       #99-0210   

check with Prevost first this is one of the very few things that were cheaper than the  OEM manufacture   

good luck
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:38:51 PM by luvrbus » Logged
Skykingrob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 07:42:09 PM »

Hey Ace
Just some food for thought and I don't have validating personal evidence/experience but on the Prevost Stuff. com forum several members complained that the Ramco chrome/polished mirrors pitted badly from road contaminates/debris and bugs splatter. Several members said they had to replace their mirrors in two years and that Ramco would not do any warranty work.
I bought polished Velvac mirrors off eBay, which several members said they had no trouble with pitting. Just have to get the right base for mine from Velvac.
Good Luck

Rob
91 LeMirage XL
Missouri
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 10:35:09 PM »

FWIW

The aluminium arms can be polish after removed the paint.

Then clear coat it.

I have pick up my pair of black painted Ramco at 2 difference Elkhart RV salvage store in 1998

I love them for better rear viewing over the old ones.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: