Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 09:41:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Coach Flx Clipper for sale  (Read 3322 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2008, 07:32:50 PM »

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/carlist.aspx

unit 792.1947

guesses on what it will go for?

last one my buddy did went for 100k+ two years ago in AZ
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:37:30 PM »

804 is a #########   it will go for a fraction of the Flx

Moderator Edit:  Let's stop offending each other by using derogatory terms for each other's buses.  I know this seems petty, and my edit may strike some as censorship.  But we have lost members over this kind of thing and others have simply stopped posting.  We need to get back to respecting each other and each others buses.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:36:35 AM by HighTechRedneck » Logged
Kobbeltvedt

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 09:24:19 AM »

I am not sure if you were looking at the same Eagle I saw, but it looked to be in great shape, did'nt see any rust whatsoever.

Maybe you should change your screen name to "superman" as you obviously must have x-ray vision. But then again, after reading some of your other posts, we should not expect anything less than Eagle bashing from you.
dkhersh

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 10:05:07 AM »

Doug,

Have you even seen the Eagle you mentioned.   Have you laid your hands on it.  Have you looked under it to SEE rust with your own eyes.......................................Waiting for your answer........ Angry
Dallas

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 10:47:48 AM »

COme on Doug,

If you have a personal vendetta, please take it elsewhere..

If you have a problem with members.. you have a "report" button to hit.

If you are trying to get around the limitations on sales.. read the rules and the warnings you've been given.

A friendly moderator.. Dallas
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »

Damn, do you guys know what sarcasm is?

I personally feel if anyone gets so upset over someone calling some originally bus that was orriginally made by Kassboher Rusty, ugly or whatever that they would leave the forum......they likely would have left anyway.

but whatever.

I suggest you contact the rustless moneypit and have him change his name as someone may become offended.

SmoothJazz

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 11:01:12 AM »

The edit is appreciated.

It is good to see the Flx Clipper restored to such great condition, it is a great piece of bus history. I hope they get tons of money for it.

Having said that, I would expect a 1984 Eagle, a 1984 MCI, a 1984 Prevost or a 1984 whatever bus, to bring less than a restored vintage, rare, 1947 FLX Clipper. That is just common sense. I am sure if you put Peter Wilson's fully restored 1958 Articulated Golden Eagle on the auction, it would probably bring as much as the Futurliner, and certainly more than any 1984 coach.
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »

This is one time I hope tbird is right about the Eagle not selling for much I came from Houston to bid on that Eagle Sat for my son, it is a very clean, low milage Eagle and well cared for FWIW tbird he could afford a matched set (his & hers) of Marathon H-45 but he wants a Eagle
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:12:46 AM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
SmoothJazz

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »

1984 Eagle Coaches were produced by Eagle International, Inc., not Kassborher. If you have a lack of knowledge about the Eagle Coaches, which I can only assume you do, maybe you should say nothing at all.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 11:18:37 AM »

Doug, it's not as much about a single use of the term as it is your long track record of insulting/criticizing the one brand.  People are becoming sensitive to it and tired of seeing the bus they love repeatedly ridiculed.  Yes, they do take it personal.  And there is a distinct difference in the use of a term in an affectionate way and an insulting way.  If this was the first time, you could have argued it was all in fun.  But with your history of "bashing" Eagles, that is not possible.

We are all grown ups and friends here.  So yes, we can take a little jibbing now and then in fun.  But in general, we need to return to being respectful of each other.  Otherwise, this forum will erode into bitterness and it will cease to be the close knit place of help that we all enjoy.
luvrbus

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »

Why does this happen we all love our buses GM,MCI, Eagle you name it someone has a make that he loves and this ridiculous in my opinion  bye and good luck
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 11:22:19 AM »

COme on Doug,

If you have a personal vendetta, please take it elsewhere..

If you have a problem with members.. you have a "report" button to hit.

If you are trying to get around the limitations on sales.. read the rules and the warnings you've been given.

A friendly moderator.. Dallas

Dallas,

I have no personal vendettas with anyone!
I only have problems with (Moderator edited: No personal insults) members that can't take a good ribbing and feel the need to come to the defense of a brand of bus!
I am not trying to sell anything!

Damn Nazi's in here anymore!

If anyone would take the time to go back through every post I have done, I never said Eagles Suck, or that I wish Ill Will on Silver Eagle manufacturing, in fact I have pointed out quite a few good deals on Eagles that have come up for sale here and there.

As for those who say I am anti Eagle, I probably have one of the largest collections of Eagle models and literature around.
Guess I really hate them huh?

Pointing out that Eagles rust is not an attack, it is plain FACT! yes other buses rust too.  Buffalos tend to rust around the hump, and MCI's in various locations too, as well as several other brands and models I could point out.

I am not going to waste my time going back and finding the post to quote myself and point out the thread, but this all started when  some newbee came in and asked a question.  I forget if it was about Eagle or a General what to look for and stay away from question........but my post was about Eagles being prone to corrosion.

Then, the Society for the prevention of defimation of the Eagle brand ( could not bother coming up with a cool anacranism (sp?)) came out of the woodwork.

Please feel free to edit out the use of the word Eagle so nobody gets thier panties in a WAD!

SMOOTHJAZZ:  Read what I posted not what you think I posted.  The Eagle bus was ORIGINALLY disigned by kassbohrer. then under contract by Bus and Car in Belgium, etc etc.

I am fully aware of the history of the brand, and that of GM, Beck, Aerocoach, Brill, MCI, prevost etc.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 04:20:10 PM by HighTechRedneck » Logged
SmoothJazz

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 11:39:27 AM »

Tekebird,

Read what you posted, not what you think you posted. Had you said, originally designed, and not, originally made, I would not have corrected you. The reference has been towards a 1984 Eagle Coach.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 12:29:04 PM »

Doug,

For you buses are a business.  However you feel about any certain brand, it is impersonal, it's just a bus.  But most of the people here are hobbyists.  They put a lot of effort (and money) into their bus.  They have pride in it.  They often become very attached to it.  I am that way about my RTS.  When you repeatedly criticize the bus they are passionate about, you can expect to offend them.

That is really what it comes down to here.  Intention.  You know the effect your negative statements about Eagles are causing.  It has been pointed out before.  You know it is offending some to the point they leave.  But you continue to slip in a jab when ever the opportunity arises.  This needs to stop.  Please show some respect for how other's feel about their buses.

Mike

cody

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 01:14:48 PM »

The sad thing here is that the majority of active people on the board no longer care if tekebird remains or not, some very knowledgeable and respected members have left or no longer post becuase of the constant attacks by tekebird, I say majority because this has been discussed at length with a great number of the active people, Tekebird has knowledge to share and experience that could be very helpfull to a lot of people, myself included but he is no longer taken seriously simply because of what appears to be non stop trolling, it's unfortunate, but when one person creates such a division in an otherwise good forum something should be done about it.  I give the highest respect to the moderators of this board for their patience but at what point does a person say enough is enough, how many more people will have to leave before something is done, it's sad when it comes down to this but I'll no longer be posting becasue of this situation, I have nothing of value to offer, no real experience but I've had it, I'm an eagle owner and right or wrong, it's mine, it's paid for and I love it.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: