Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 09:28:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Coach Flx Clipper for sale  (Read 3389 times)
Dreamscape

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 01:26:34 PM »

And the saga continues!

Another Eagle Owner bites the dust, that is two great knowledgeable people in the past week. And now Cody!

Now it's getting personal. Four friends of mine have left because of what?

Doug, Pretty soon you won't have anybody left that will be offended by your so called sarcasm.

In My Humble Opinion....You should quit posting anything related to Eagles. The dust hasn't even settled from the last time and there you go stirring it up again...Sheesh

Give it a break!

Because I'm over it!

I will do the same as Cody, come back to post only when something is permanently done to stop this. I will leave that up to the moderators.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:33:30 PM by Dreamscape » Logged
Kobbeltvedt

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 01:42:44 PM »

It seems that the one who seems to get ruffled easily here, is Tekebird himself. I merely made an observation that he must have been looking at a different bus than the rest of us. He obviously did not base his comment on what he saw in the picture or first hand knowledge, therefore, his statement was ignorant and he should expect that people will respond.

I did not see anybody use words such as, damn, crybaby and damn nazi's other than Tekebird himself. He should expect to be questioned if he is going to continue to make ignorant comments.

Finally Tekebird, you should take a few lessons in grammar, spelling, punctuation and most of all RESPECT. Then, maybe people would respect you in return.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 01:58:42 PM »

Damn, do you guys know what sarcasm is?

Yep! Do you?   Grin

My OPINION:
What's the big deal? So someone aggravates some with their posting. . . . Over look it! (or egg 'em on & laugh at the fireworks  Shocked  Grin  Roll Eyes)
Don't give the jerks you don't like that kind of influence over your actions.

I don't need more political correctness.

Why would someone leave? I can't say.

Captain Ron / Charley Davison left after some expressed their displeasure of his reason for converting a bus (his reason was "to get laid" which I thought was funny. & if my kids read that & knew what it meant, the cat's already out of the bag. . . .)

Most here know tekebird has little if any use for me & I have the private emails that clarify his opinion of me & of himself.
I find his postings 'interesting' & take his personality into account when I read or pass over his posts.

ace & I don't exchange Christmas cards either . . . . Shocked  Undecided    Grin  Grin  Grin

Over in the OT section, there's a few having fun with the political discussions. It is sometimes spirited, but still fun & I'd buy lunch for any of 'em if they showed up in time. There may be one or two that would only get a peanut butter cracker, but I'd still share.  Grin
doug might only get half a cracker tho . . .  Shocked  Wink

The bottom line is we ALL share a fondness of buses, & that is the most important thing to a true bus-nut . . . everything else is grey noise.   (Either that or it is a conspiracy to get us all to hate buses & get rid of them.  Roll Eyes  those darn tree huggers! )

What we NEED on this board are more behaved people posting so the misbehavers will have a better example to follow.
& if you don't like someones comment, ignore it on the thread & send a note to them off line to share your thoughts with them privately, maybe they will grow from it, if they don't grow, it is their loss & the thread won't be poisoned with a pissing contest. If the ugly postings are ignored. . . . .

I"d rather things not get deleted by the moderators, that should be left up to the poster. If the bad is removed, the guilty are not held accountable for their actions.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 02:05:12 PM »

Alright guys, time to step back and take a break.  

For the life of me I can not understand how some can leave the forum over posts they don't agree with, especially some of the "offending" post referenced by Doug.  I have seen him make many valid points about Eagles and their current ownership.  I have also seen him stir the pot with his comments as well.  While I think his approach could use some work, I have seen others go right at him for the opinions he has and I can't recall him ever threaten to leave due to those comments directed at him, some of which have been very pointed.

My biggest piece of advise would be to ignore the posts/posters that so offend you.  It is really easy.  Did you ever stop to think that he makes some of these comments to incite you?  He could say something simple like "Eagles Rust" and you guys will go into a tailspin.  Don't let it get to you.

I'm just not easy to offend and I guess that is why I don't understand how you guys let him work you into a frenzy.

We all like buses and we all have something to offer.  Maybe if you have issues with another on here it would be best to try and resolve the issue through a private message instead of in the plain view of the public.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »

Darn Guys,

I am deeply sadened that people like Cody and others of similar calibre are fading over this.  Maybe I would see it a touch differently if I owned an Eagle.  Not looking but I would like to.  Does it matter to the Eagle owners that many of us envy you?  Please reconsider.

And from "Field of Dreams":  "Kid" (Tbird)...."don't wink"(rib them).  From Webster:  Sarcasm.....wit of the Master.

Love you guys....really.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Songman

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 02:38:54 PM »

I hate to see guys leave over this as well. The problem is not that we don't know that Eagles have issues. We know all buses have issues. But it has gotten to where an Eagle cannot be mentioned on this forum without the same person posting the usual venom about it.. so much so that the original poster can't get an answer to their question. This is not just a matter of people getting their feelings hurt, although that does happen as well. And people have asked Doug nicely to consider other people's feelings in the past but he has refused and attacked back. If this were just the occasional ribbing, I don't think there would be a problem. But it is a constant barrage any time a certain brand of bus is mentioned. It is not nice. It is not fair. And it is over the line. Doug should have been willing to back off many times over the past years but instead he has gotten worse. I think maybe all of this has just blown up and people are willing to leave because of the 'safe' place to talk Eagles. I still love the MAK forum. But it is getting to where it is not worth it. I am against censorship as a rule, but only until someone abuses the freedom and uses it to step on other people's feelings. Like I said in another recent post, it is not just about not opening a certain person's threads when they spew the venom in every thread about a subject. It would mean I couldn't take the chance to open any Eagle thread if I didn't want to read the offending material. I applaud the Moderators of this board for taking a stand to try to keep the peace.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 02:49:20 PM »

Guys,

There seems to be one in every group.

Don't quit.....Ignore them.....

Have you noticed the antagonist never quits....They are enjoying the attention!

Do not reply, post or comment on ANYTHING they say.

The silence will be deafening.

or just post this  Kiss and nothing else.  We all know what they can kiss................

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 03:07:36 PM »

I am like Cliff I consider the source very seldom do I respond to his post, but I can see after 2 years of the same crap why some would leave there is no point to it.I read on one of his post he said  in Texas and the laws there SilverEagle was probably washing money statements like that are uncalled for when you know nothing about the company ,again the source    have a great day
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 03:25:40 PM »

Gee...I have never seen so many folks get worked up about something that in my opinion is pretty minor.

It's easy, ya'll know that Doug is going to bash the Birds, don't read or respond to his posts.

Personally I have learned a lot from his non, Bird related posts!

I was going to write this concerning the other post but it was locked.

Buy the way...we own a Scenicruiser...Dianne says it is dead...folks that see it and/or photos of it think it is dead or worse!  Doesn't bother me in the least!

Again...I don't see what the big deal is!?

Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 03:30:46 PM »

Jack; maybe minor to you and major to others it would be a sad world if God made us all the same   have a great day
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »

I ask everyone posting on this thread to read the first thread on the All Topics BB "Forum Civility Rules" Reminder.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
dkhersh

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 03:52:16 PM »

I grew up with a phyical and mental abusive father.  Now.............I know these are two different situations but, just because you know someone is "THAT WAY" does not make it RIGHT or ACCEPTABLE in any shape form or fashion.   To ingnore is to accept and for some of us that is just not possible!!!

This "RIBBIN" just aint right.  For all you NON eagle owners to stand up and say to just accept this poster for what he is, aint right either.  How would you like it if someone was telling you fishbowls are ugly, transits are a waste of time and arnt really coaches but just people pushers.  How bout those ugly senicrusers (I love em by the way) you are waisting your time cause you cant get any parts.  Just throwem away and we will join a forum and just bash the **** out of the new owners of the company who are going to make those parts and then tell everybody else they are crybabies and full of crap and they have to get over it.

It says it all in the way he changed his modified tag line

Florida cliff I just couldnt say nothing but here it is' two post in one.

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 04:01:59 PM »

I think there are too many people with wwaaaaaayy too thin of skin on this board, buck it up guys, it sounds like a bunch of lillyies ( pansies are tougher).>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »

WOW  time to put this horse in the barn and close the door   have a great evening
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »

At almost 70 years of age and a retired military non com I cannot beleive that You Guys cannot ignore things that annoy You!  My Mom always said sticks and stones, does any remember the rest?  A quote from one of My Grandsons, take a chill pill!  Regards John
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: