Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 02:32:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't throw away cordless drill battery yet until you try this  (Read 13295 times)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »

Very interesting to revive NiCad

Or
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENmAJ2GOAMY

Anyone has done this, please if you will report your finding.

Thank you

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ

BTW...the new Lithium drill battery is available now and last about 2 times longer. Grin  Grin  Grin
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 06:52:17 PM by Sojourner » Logged

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 08:44:28 AM »

Well,

That was certainly most interesting. the next time I find some of those worn out batteries at a flea market or yard sale, I'll try that method.

One question I do have, which terminal is which on the batteries with three contacts, like the Milwaukee and Dewalt batteries?

Dallas
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 08:58:18 AM »

Well,

That was certainly most interesting. the next time I find some of those worn out batteries at a flea market or yard sale, I'll try that method.

One question I do have, which terminal is which on the batteries with three contacts, like the Milwaukee and Dewalt batteries?

Dallas

Which two of the three......ones that oposite of each other. My Ryobi have + & - marking on to of contacts. Suggest test it with volt meter for voltage signal...the third contact is null voltage with either one of + or - contact.

Hope it will do the trick like it in the demo and man can we be smiling again!

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

BTW...Ryobi's new 18v Lithium battery will work in older Ryobi Nicad cordless...YEA! Maybe other brands are doing same thing? ? ?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:20:52 AM by Sojourner » Logged

Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 09:07:20 AM »

I have done this several times by using a 12V Auto  battery charger it doesn't take but about 30 to 45 seconds and then place the battery back in it's regular charger.  Always wear safety glasses and the battery could explode if over charged with the automobile charger.  Did 2 DeWalt 12V batteries yesterday.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:09:55 AM by Eagle » Logged
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 09:17:05 AM »

I'll have to try this as I have 4 18V dewalt batteries that show 8V or less after an overnight charge.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 09:19:21 AM »

I have done this several times by using a 12V Auto  battery charger it doesn't take but about 30 to 45 seconds and then place the battery back in it's regular charger.  Always wear safety glasses and the battery could explode if over charged with the automobile charger.  Did 2 DeWalt 12V batteries yesterday.
Very good point about the safety....is to wear safety glasses.

About explode battery....my hearing aid battery is like large firecracker while in burning fire. Whenever charging battery can cause to heat up greater than normal OEM charger, however, this revive demo is only for few seconds.

FWIW

trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 01:25:54 PM »

GOOD Idea! I have been saving these things for a year or two now! I will now put them to the test. What would we do without cordless tools(as a converter?)By the way I am going to be coming in your direction,in about a week or so. Will you be around?
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
Tony LEE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 02:32:29 PM »

Does work, but I suggest firmly clamping the battery so in case one of the electrode sticks, it is easier to pull it free.

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 02:33:47 PM »

My Makita bats cost $28 each and I have two that are breasts up.  I will try this and let the board know.  Thanks for the advice.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 06:05:26 PM »

Hi guys,
Would someome please explain the procedure in the link in the first post in this thread? I can't get to the link ,but I'm interested in trying to revive some of my cordless drill batteries.
Thanks for the help, Sam 4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »

Sam 4106...I have added second link to that post.
Or try it here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENmAJ2GOAMY

Let us know if you are able to open.....if not....maybe HighTechRedneck can help.

HighTechRedneck, where are you?

Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 07:12:04 PM »

GOOD Idea! I have been saving these things for a year or two now! I will now put them to the test. What would we do without cordless tools(as a converter?)By the way I am going to be coming in your direction,in about a week or so. Will you be around?
Bill

trailblazer2
The Lord willing, I will be around. Email me a day or two ahead if you will. Always good hear ya!

Take Care, Gerald

RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 05:14:08 AM »

Did anyone else notice the two devices behind this guy that look like a couple of thermonuclear warheads???

Either that or they are extra fuel tanks for a jet fighter. Maybe the first advice would be to empty your garage of anything capable of taking out a city block...

I just thought it was kind of humorous... i will try it though

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »

Did anyone else notice the two devices behind this guy that look like a couple of thermonuclear warheads???

Either that or they are extra fuel tanks for a jet fighter. Maybe the first advice would be to empty your garage of anything capable of taking out a city block...

I just thought it was kind of humorous... i will try it though

Yeah, and with the "ham" act he puts on, I wonder what he has up his sleeve for those yellow bombs in the shop.  Might need more than safety goggles for that demo.

I'm going to attempt his battery resuscitation trick today.  Will report back ... if I survive, that is.

Merlin

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »

Gerald ;
 I sent you a E-mail,about our trip. Let me know if it came through ok. I have been having trouble sending stuff here lately,but think I might have got it fixed.
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: