Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 03:23:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus won't start  (Read 7852 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »

I will be making some phone calls tomorrow.  I may not get anywhere but I most certainly will make lots of waves.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
luvrbus

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »

Chaz, you do know P C Industries motto is "Accept no excuses,only results "  good luck
steve5B

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 03:08:39 PM »

Chaz, reading the post about the faulty parts all manufactures are required to legally carry Product Liability insurance.

This would mean in some cases that they would replace those parts.  As far as reimbursement that might be questionable?

Hope so!

Steve 5B...........

WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »

Hey,Any updates ,what was the out come with the cracked piston ,what caused it ?

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2009, 06:26:41 AM »

We had to push the company to even get them to even do the test to make their determination of the problem.  I contacted them, the person went to the Service Manager  and stood beside him while he put a bolt in to do the test.  From that one bolt, they determined that it was mechanic error.  We don't understand how putting one bolt in gave them that information.  We pushed them to return the parts to us so we could find someone independent to test them.  They shipped the parts to our SC address and since we are not there now we are not even certain they are the same parts as the ones we sent them.  We took pictures of the parts before we shipped them off so we can make a comparison when we do get them shipped to us.   

Their claim is that the wrist pin bolts weren't torqued properly. We know this is untrue because as Dallas torqued them I wrote down each one so that we would be positive they were all done. That way we could be certain we did not overlook any of them.  It also seems strange that if the wrist pin bolts were loose why would there be chunks of metal stuck in the threads.  Chaz saw the parts also and saw the damage for himself.

Federal Mogul will not deal with customers and will only deal with the vendors.  PCI offered to contact them with their findings but we honestly do not trust the accuracy of their tests.  Dallas has tried to contact someone to do the independent testing for us but has not gotten his ok to send the parts. The person we are hoping to have do this is someone that PCI has already let slip that they would trust. 

We really believe in our hearts that the bolts, as well as the other work, was done correctly.  If, however, the independent test shows differently we will discuss with Chaz what the next step will be.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »

That's kinda sucks that they would treat a situation that way,customers are customers and should all be treated fairly and equally ,Hope Chaz is doing well and the companies involved will do the right thing by him.B G thank you for the update ,please keep us posted as to the final out come of this endevour,thanks. Van Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2009, 10:15:50 AM »

Thanx for the nice thoughts,Van. It sure would be nice for PCI to play fair. I haven't called them yet, but contemplating it. My guess is that "the squeeky wheel gets the grease".
 But for now, my baby just sits along side the shop. It's probably too cold to try and start her with the summer fuel blend in it. The next warm spell that comes up I'll crank her over. I love that ol'girl but after this last fiasco.......well.......... Undecided
Some of my friends really like her as well, but my girlfriend and best friend - after seeing the stress I was putting myself thru - tell me she should find another home. But she did drive good the last 500 miles since the overhaul. Except for the cylinder grenading, it was a treat. Maybe when the good weather hits and I can take her out, and the love affair will start again.
Thanx again for the thoughts and concern. You bus nuts are the best.
   Chaz
p.s. I seen that thread on the 280,000.oo MCI. Think mine is worth 100,000.oo ??  Roll Eyes I WOULD drop a zero!! LOL

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: