Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 03:14:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New (?) Modern Looking Buses  (Read 2735 times)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:29:48 AM »

Here to the Bus Buff: (You may have already seen these but others may not.)

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:50:11 AM »

Interesting vids.  Thanks for the links.

Here's one that begs the question, Is it a bus or a trackless train?

lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:53:34 AM »

The best looking bus ever built is still, undeniably, the MCI Courier 96. LOL, Wink

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Songman

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 07:11:34 AM »

Nope, I don't like the modern looking buses. Granted, the new Setras and Mans and others look better than the MCI, Prevost, Van Hool offerings that all look the same to me.

Being a long time MCI fan, I don't like any MCI design newer than the D-series. And I'll take a Le Mirage over the new Prevosts any day.
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 08:10:27 AM »

Songman; you have to admit the S417 Setra is the most beautiful bus out there for modern buses, and they are planing on entering the coach conversion shell business in 2010 with their DD 15 engine to compete with Prevost which will not have that engine.I know that 1 converter has left the Prevost fold already for Setra   have a great day
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 08:31:03 AM »

Songman; you have to admit the S417 Setra is the most beautiful bus out there for modern buses, and they are planing on entering the coach conversion shell business in 2010 with their DD 15 engine to compete with Prevost which will not have that engine.I know that 1 converter has left the Prevost fold already for Setra   have a great day

Grin  And I thougght I was the only one who realized this!  Grin  LOL!   Grin  BK   Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »

Grin  And I thougght I was the only one who realized this!  Grin  LOL!   Grin  BK   Grin

Hey BK -

Here's something for you to drool over.  Plug this number into eBay's search box:

Shocked

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 08:47:50 AM »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

40 years from now these new buses wil be viewed differently. And most likely we won't be the one "beholding" them.

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 09:24:14 AM »

Hey BK -

Here's something for you to drool over.  Plug this number into eBay's search box:

Shocked

Hey RJ,
Yes I saw that one the first time it was listed. I had intentions of going up and checking it out! (as a matter of fact Robert and I were on our way)
But dad put his foot down and said NO! Don't even think of wasting ANY company $ even going to look at it because we aren't buying any more "burn outs!" (we did that once!)

So I just drool now! LOL!  Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 09:31:15 AM »

55 years old & the old PD4501 still draws a crowd of people everywhere it goes.

Now, that's classic styling that has stood the test of time . . . .  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 10:42:51 AM »

Kyle

A group of protesters with the local ordinance enforcement in tow are not to be counted as astute admirers!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »

Kyle

A group of protesters with the local ordinance enforcement in tow are not to be counted as astute admirers!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grin  LOL!  Grin good one Buddydawg! His eyes are so clouded he easily gets confused!   Grin  BK   Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 11:28:24 AM »

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. At least that's when looks the best!  Grin

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Songman

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »

Yes, I do like the Setras. We rode these on our recent trip to Egypt. Out of all the modern looking buses, I like the Setra best. But it is distinguishable from all the US buses that are hard to tell apart now.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 12:24:02 PM »

Setra Presentation, starting with history:

Note: It's also available in high resoluton mode ("High Quality" link below the video player)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: