Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 02:55:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New (?) Modern Looking Buses  (Read 2889 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 01:25:36 PM »

I am not sure who the manufacturers in the videos are.  The first one, Starliner, looks really odd to me--sort of like an aerodynamic lizard.  The second is nothing new in aesthetics, but must have some interesting engineering.  The third one, Cityliner, looks reasonable.  I also like that is does not have a tag.  It's hard to do much with improving bus appearance.  You know that saying, "You can put lipstick on a bus...."

You don't have to believe everything you think.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 01:30:47 PM »

Kyle

A group of protesters with the local ordinance enforcement in tow are not to be counted as astute admirers!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
They are when they want them.  Shocked  Cool

I've not been anywhere in mine that it was ignored.

BK, you know you'd have a fleet of 'em if you could. . . .
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 01:33:12 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 01:34:11 PM »

Personally, I like the looks of most of the newer buses better than a lot of the older buses.  My Dina has large curved windshields and has a European look that I like.

Most of the older buses look good if they are in A1 condition, but fewof them have aged well.  I saw a seated Prevost Lemirage this weekend that was completely beat to heck with damaged side panels to boot.  It would probably look really good with straight polished panels.

One advantage of the newer buses is they can be patched up and repainted to look like new a lot easier than polishing stainless or replacing dented stainless/aluminum panels.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 03:56:31 PM »

BK,

I agree, Setra are some of the most beautiful coaches out there!!! We had to go with a MCI because we couldn't afford a Setra Wink Wink Grin Grin Grin (price and parts). Every time I pass a proud Setra (is there any ugly Setras out there? Smiley), I hope that they don't look down on us too much for driving an MCI Cheesy. No really, I have been very pleased with ours and hope for many more good years of driving.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
shodogg

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »

I am not sure who the manufacturers in the videos are.  The first one, Starliner, looks really odd to me--sort of like an aerodynamic lizard.  The second is nothing new in aesthetics, but must have some interesting engineering.  The third one, Cityliner, looks reasonable.  I also like that is does not have a tag.  It's hard to do much with improving bus appearance.  You know that saying, "You can put lipstick on a bus...."

Hey Lin, that second coach is a MegaLiner and all three buses are Neoplan(s); but check this bad boy out by Scania:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:53:23 PM by shodogg » Logged
shodogg

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 07:14:02 PM »

The Europeans are somewhat ahead of the "motor coach -bus" curve than than both the Americas. I was shocked to learn that the worlds largest bus convention(s) are in Turkey, and China respectively.
MCI, and Prevost derived their modern day design pointers form the EU. Even the old faithful Eagle design was derived from Germany (back in the day). That's why I still love the old metal sided buses of all makes here in north America. Just my humble-jumble opinion.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »

I like not even having a tag.  Two front axles are a step in the wrong direction for me.  I assume all four front wheels steer, and these units can carry amazing amounts of weight.  It's not really for me.  I happen to still like the metal exterior on buses.  It would be interesting to see some modern design with classic stainless.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 05:16:39 AM »

My bus still has a metal exterior.  It just happens to be painted aluminum!

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
shodogg

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 05:27:24 AM »

Yes all two front axles steer and maybe or better if the rear tag was steerable.

A few years back I remember seeing an ad in the motor coach section of the DuPont Registry about some up start company called "World Class Motor Coach". They where soliciting $900K up front to build you what -at the time-, was going to be the biggest American made double decker with quad front steer and a steerable rear tag. They only had computer cad renderings of how it would look.

Anybody know what became of that venture, or can elaborate on it please? Thanks for the time.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:53:34 AM by shodogg » Logged
shodogg

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 06:28:05 PM »

Can anybody help me concerning my  Undecided?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: