Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 17, 2014, 06:26:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: test out your block heater and turn off water pumps  (Read 2141 times)
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 08:47:16 AM »

Hey Fred , where do live now? and no doubt about the 8 months of winter. We used to live in souhern Ontario, it is much nicer there, might end up back there just due to weather.

Have Fun
Grant

Have Fun!!
Grant
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 03:45:51 AM »

newbie question, I'm fust getting into my conversion so no trips for a while, do I need to do anything to the bus to winterise I'm in NC??

turn off the pump and get an airline fitting and blow out the lines if possible.  PVC will crack if you have that.  I usually wait to long or use the bus and then the toilet valve freezes up and cracks,  replaced it twice now Shocked.

left the pump on because we were going back and forth and sprung a leak under the sink that i didn't find till later. Shocked

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 09:29:01 AM »

Another tip for getting your conversion ready for storage:  After shutting off the water, pour a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil down the sink drains.  Under normal conditions, waste water rests in the "S" traps under the sink and blocks gases from you holding tanks from drifting up through the drain.  If the bus sits for a prolonged time (hot or cold weather) the water in the traps can evaporate leaving your bus smelling funky.  If you pour the veggy oil down the drain, it floats on top of the waste water and forms a barrier to prevent the water evaporating and the dried out traps.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: